Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact ideas
Hi guys

So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for improving contact.

In my case my 18month old is very isolated and finds it stressful to be away from her mum (won't let her go more than 2 meters from her)

Cafcass are suggesting allowing my ex or a member of her family our daughter is familiar with to be present at contact (another room with a connecting door) so that she has that comfort of someone she sees every day.

Ex has said no to anything like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of something like allowing some of my friends with kids of a similar age to be present as my daughter enjoys watching other families play.

But I don't think... ok I KNOW my ex won't agree to that.

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful
Im not really experienced with this so excuse me if its blatantly obvious. I found with my daughter it was all about distracting her and keeping her entertained.
If she is nearby, have two cuddly toys talk to each other, make them chase each other around the room, make funny noises at each other. Make a complete fool of yourself, on her level, funny faces. Im guessing at this stage its got to be more about entertainment and watching rather than genuine interaction and cuddles.

Sorry if youve already tried all this.