Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Position statements
Wow, if you all want to feel better....we're up to 110k in NINE months - and going to top out at 200K when all the savings have gone. And all we are doing is responding! None of this is driven by us. I'm sure it wont be long before we are in the High Court Sad
I can endorse what Naive says.

Paying a solicitor to fill in forms and argue badly in court is not worth it. The better option as he says is to do the leg work yourself and pay a barrister for the day in court. Judges expect and are receptive to litigants in person (people representing themselves) and for that reason alone you shouldn't be daunted at doing most of the work yourself.
(03-09-2018, 10:58 AM)Chi21965 Wrote: I can endorse what Naive says.

Paying a solicitor to fill in forms and argue badly in court is not worth it. The better option as he says is to do the leg work yourself and pay a barrister for the day in court. Judges expect and are receptive to litigants in person (people representing themselves) and for that reason alone you shouldn't be daunted at doing most of the work yourself.

Yeah definitely, I was quite surprised at how friendly and informal the judges were. Id say if you have generally made every effort to co-parent, compromise and negotiate, and you have the best of intentions then it might be better to litigate in person as you can get your point across in a more personal way. A humble willingness to do whats whatever is asked helps.

Im going for solicitor and barrister purely because I cant handle the debilitating fear of screwing it up and losing my daughter.
I’m with naive I don’t want to run the risk of loosing my daughter by screwing something up. I must admit my solicitor has been spot on with everything really can’t fault her work.

Naive how do I write a pm to yourself it won’t let me write names in the pm box
(03-09-2018, 12:22 PM)Rjc Wrote: I’m with naive I don’t  want to run the risk of loosing my daughter by screwing something up. I must admit my solicitor has been spot on with everything really can’t fault her work.

Naive how do I write a pm to yourself it won’t let me write names in the pm box

Should auto populate when you hit the PM button. But Ive messaged you so just reply to that buddy
Thanks Naive. I don't disagree with either your or Rjc.

I have used a barrister and solicitor in the past. I am enforcing now following a final hearing. It is thus part of the proceedings that I am doing myself. I will use a barrister at the point that I need to in future but right now the complex legal arguments (like Practice Direction 12J) are done and dusted.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Position Statements are in, Oh God Naive 3 3,950 03-30-2018, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Statements etc Cheese_head_1986 12 11,565 10-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Cheese_head_1986
  Writing statements for court pm180107 4 7,825 10-21-2016, 10:20 AM
Last Post: pm180107