Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey I’m new
Hi..
Well I would just like some advice of how the mediation process all works.

I have kept logs from day one when me and my ex partner split up in December last year.

With regards to the logs it includes when I have my son and detailed logs that I have saved with conversation that my ex partner as said and has do.

I’ve started the mediation process as there is no fixed contact with my son. Also due to her own actions with leaving my son with her mum and not informing me if I could have him.. proper peed me out has this has happen twice now leaving him 4 days with her mum. When we split she started to met/see another bloke straight away she met him on a dating site this does not bother me anymore (it did at first). When we split we agreed on discussing if it comes to meeting new Partners this would be discussed but she hasn’t, my son is 3 and has also come out with he slept in the same bed as me and mummy (which has taken this to a whole new level..!) when we split up I also found this person in my house/bedroom, when I made it clear not to as it’s our home. On this note above the male wanted to fight me outside my own property which was viewed by my 3 year own son.

I have kept all logs to date which will be show to the mediator. As I feel my ex partner is not being a responsible person for our child. I also made it clear that I don’t want that person near my child due to his own actions and information that I have with him.

I just wanted to know would the The mediator discuss this with my ex partner.
The mediators role is not to take sides, but to try and facilitate an agreement, if your ex is like mine - then this will never happen and you will have a MIAM sign off and you can go directly to court.

Its unlikely the mediator will look at any of the evidence as they will not be interested in it, more likely they want you to come to a childcare agreement instead.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Thanks for the reply.. much appreciated

I also have information that where my son is staying there is drug taken. Which I don’t want my son anywhere near him. I’ve told my ex this and I believe it still continues.

This there anyway I could in force this.. ive also said if it continues I will seek advice from social services.
You could use a C100 as both a contact order application and a prohibited steps order to stop these things happening.

It could only be done in court I am afraid
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.