Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final hearing Friday 9th, I’m terrified!
That’s about it! Any advice?!
Where are you with an agreement, and where are you with what you have asked for, what are CAFCASS saying ......
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Oh there's so much to go into, it would take me all day.

Everything is lined up, final position statements are agreed, my Solicitor and Barrister seem to know what I want. I don't think I can actually do any more. Probably why I'm so scared.

The future of my family is out of my hands and instead in the hands of some strangers who have hours to decide the rest of my life.
I know the feeling. Best luck.Do let us know how it goes.
I remember the night before my first hearing, i put kids to bed and took pictures of them sleeping thinking was this the last day i would be an equal parent...
I then laid out all the evidence and documents on the floor and looked at it thinking 'why'... is anyone trying to change what i have with my children ... it was over whelming

You go in and tell the truth... remember she is trying to prove you are not worthy... and she will have no evidence ... you just stand there and talk about the kids... that is all that is important
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
Tamagoto, i wouldn't worry. In these contested cases (most of those that end up in court of course!) a Final Hearing isn't really a Final Hearing at all. The ex breaches, circumstances changes and a variation is sought etc etc. Its also a Hearing for an Order by consent, it can still go to trial in time if she continues being difficult.
Thanks all. We just broke for lunch. Evidence given from each side, cross examined. Think my barrister made her look foolish.

I’ll post up the final result in the right forum when I know. Have never ever been this nervous.
(03-09-2018, 12:22 PM)Tamagoto Wrote: Thanks all. We just broke for lunch. Evidence given from each side, cross examined. Think my barrister made her look foolish.

I’ll post up the final result in the right forum when I know. Have never ever been this nervous.

Fingers crossed - remember your stoic convictions, keep your head up.....
Anxiety never does anyone any favours. This is a trial by fire though!

Adjourned until 16:30
Its going to be OK... the judges see this all day and your barrister has highlighted what is going on in his questioning

You got this bud!
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It's Friday night and.... DanDad 11 2,688 12-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DanDad