Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More lies by Cafcass ...family courts
Seems Cafcass are above the law if you’re not allowed to record interviews. That’s what I mean about far too much power (and completely misguided which I think is quite dangerous). Their argument is probably - to protect the safety of children/anonymity.

Maybe we should get an undercover Panorama journalist in there! Shut them down. It needs trained psychologists at first hearing to cut through the lies and manipulation. Frankly O don’t see the purpose of the phone calls at all. You put in your application what the details are. All it needs is someone to run a computer police check on any applicants and respondents. As for “dispute resolution” - serious bullying to just give in. Doesn’t solve anything and the problem comes back to court.

Of course if there was automatic joint residency and police powers to return children home then no need for applications to court. Some ex’s would still make allegations but if found false by the police then they should lose residency. That simple.

I think false allegations need to be treated as criminal offences.
(01-30-2020, 05:47 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Seems Cafcass are above the law if you’re not allowed to record interviews. That’s what I mean about far too much power (and completely misguided which I think is quite dangerous). Their argument is probably - to protect the safety of children/anonymity.

Maybe we should get an undercover Panorama journalist in there!  Shut them down. It needs trained psychologists at first hearing to cut through the lies and manipulation. Frankly O don’t see the purpose of the phone calls at all. You put in your application what the details are. All it needs is someone to run a computer police check on any applicants and respondents.  As for “dispute resolution” - serious bullying to just give in. Doesn’t solve anything and the problem comes back to court.

Of course if there was automatic joint residency and police powers to return children home then no need for applications to court. Some ex’s would still make allegations but if found false by the police then they should lose residency. That simple.

I think false allegations need to be treated as criminal offences.

I could not agree more that if by making false allegations, made by any parent with responsibility, should if not found true should be treated as a criminal offence.

It is a very deliberate action by choice to make a referal to which it is known will likely involve the Police and Social Services to fully investigate.
With false allegations and if you are 'lucky' ( and you will certainly need it ! ) the investigation is carried out by all involved who will consider the facts with fairness and impartiality, then your case is simply closed. 

The consequences to the parent it is made against are horrendous - let alone very young children being subjected to interview no matter how sensitively by investigating authorities. When not proven and the case becomes closed the stress and pyscological damage that it causes lasts for a very long time. 
The actual cost to the parent is incalculable both financial and mentally and as we know this is often the easy target of a Dad.

There must be literally thousands of Dads all around the country right now in a situation were contact is suddenly stopped, a case is opened which you learn quickly must be serious as the Social Services and Police are to be involved. The productivity drain to the economy as a whole must be colossal. Let alone the consequences of those who job involves making vital split seconds decisions.

In my own direct experience after a obtaining a good Court Order after having to defend all the usual nonesense of why the Mother believed our son could not possibly be looked after properly during time with his Father, resulted in the Mother 10 days after the order making up what turned out to be the most horrendous allegations to which nearly a year on makes me almost physically sick.
What makes it worse is when you are first contacted out of the blue to be made aware of the referral and case being opened against you Social Services will not tell you any of the details as they say the Police will do that during the investigation. I had over a week before the Police even contacted me.

I was 'lucky' that both the Police, Social Services and the School could see straight away this was a malicious case with no evidence to support the Mothers claim.

I lost only 2 weeks contact, was not interviewed under caution and then received a copy of the full Social Services S47 report. 
A report of 15 pages which was truly shocking to read of spitefulness, contradictory evidence by a Mother who made the most ridicolous claims. 
I say again consider I was very lucky to be treated fairly and with great respect by all involved especially as they could clearly see from the begining that this was a case without any foundation.

Quite simply it is game playing and a belief that by ramping up the allegations something will stick and the Mothers total control will be restored.

I will never ever be able to forgive of both the fear and helplessness during  that investigation and it is little comfort that a full S47 report cleared me of any wrongdoing.

So my own mental and financial costs are tested again to the limit - together with the costs of the Police and the Social Services to investigate and their time being diverted away from truly deserving causes or the protection of children who sadly do need it.

To what is the penalty for doing this by Mother - absolutely nothing other than a mild rebuke.

As Dads we almost have to suffer this in silence as their is no real appetite to even acknowledge what is a really serious issue that causes long term damage for so many. 

I cannot even begin to contemplate what it must be like for those Dads who find them self at the wrong end of false and malicious allegations to which the authorities do show bias to the Mother, which means they they lose contact with their children for months or years. 

If not proved then it most certainly should be made a criminal offence.
I cannot even begin to contemplate what it must be like for those Dads who find them self at the wrong end of false and malicious allegations to which the authorities do show bias to the Mother, which means they they lose contact with their children for months or years. 

The problem is, that is what generally happens in the majority of cases and the relationship with the children is strained and lost to a degree. The children are damaged and suffer in silence.  Fearful to speak out and if they do speak their minds guess who's fault that is?  Back to square one.