Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I have any rights with nursery?
Me and my ex have separated last year. We was not married but we have got 3 year old daughter. We broke up due she was seeing someone else. Now she is considering of moving further away which is about over an hour away. This is due to her having new job and closer to her "sugar daddy". If that does happen, she will have to move her nursery to be with the mother. At the moment, my daughter nursery have got excellent awards in my area also meaning that i will be seeing less of my daughter but not stopping me from seeing her. I am wondering do i have any rights to say no to the mother to take my daughter away to different nursery? I do know that the mothers always have the rights of everything (pretty unfair) but surely i must have some rights for this?? If that the case that i do have rights, would it be illegal if the mother take my daughter away from the nursery without my permission?

Hope anyone can help!! thanks
If you are on the birth certificate or haveotherwise established Parental Responsibility in court, then you have a right to be involved in the child's education and that includes a say about nurseries and schools. However, if she is moving away, a court is unlikely to think that it is unreasonable to move the child to a nursery closer to their new home. That doesn't mean you couldnt argue that the nursery she chose is not the best in her new area but the real discussion to be had is whether her moving is really necessary and is that likely to result in too much upheaval for the child. You don't want to come across as unreasonable so pick your arguments.
(03-11-2018, 01:00 AM)Chi21965 Wrote: If you are on the birth certificate or  haveotherwise established Parental Responsibility in court, then you have a right to be involved in the child's education and that includes a say about nurseries and schools. However, if she is moving away, a court is unlikely to think that it is unreasonable to move the child to a nursery closer to their new home. That doesn't mean you couldnt argue that the nursery she chose is not the best in her new area but the real discussion to be had is whether her moving is really necessary and is that likely to result in too much upheaval for the child. You don't want to come across as unreasonable so pick your arguments.

As above, but just to add in, you might be able to reduce CMS payments, if travel costs for contact at 9p per mile (round trip both times), now exceed £10.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nursery parental rights kettleman 4 2,281 12-23-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Chi21965