Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long for order to be sealed?
The waiting is a nightmare at the moment.  Firstly ex decided not to agree the consent order and try and change a lot of it.  Solicitor has sent it to Judge for her to decide.  Assuming Judge does approve it, how long is it likely to take before it's sealed and back with me.  If she doesn't looks like I'll be going back for a directions hearing.  Meanwhile ex is behaving as if the order doesn't exist so if they don't hurry up and seal it, she will be booking up loads of things during my specified holiday weeks that were in the consent order.
(03-13-2018, 07:14 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: The waiting is a nightmare at the moment.  Firstly ex decided not to agree the consent order and try and change a lot of it.  Solicitor has sent it to Judge for her to decide.  Assuming Judge does approve it, how long is it likely to take before it's sealed and back with me.  If she doesn't looks like I'll be going back for a directions hearing.  Meanwhile ex is behaving as if the order doesn't exist so if they don't hurry up and seal it, she will be booking up loads of things during my specified holiday weeks that were in the consent order.

Oh Lord. Have seen a comment back from the Judge which more or less says sort it out yourselves or come back for another hearing.  Waiting to see what Solicitor makes of it.

Rock bottom here. Could kick the Judge. My Solicitor sent the order asking her to seal it and showing letter from the other side where they tried to change it completely. Judge has written a load of woolly stuff back basically saying agree it or come back to court. That either means me giving way on everything (having already compromised to the nth degree) or going back to court because the ex isn't going to give way on anything.

I feel totally tricked. If you can't rely on Barristers saying this is agreed for a consent order, what can you rely on?

Ok - so can I appeal the consent order?
It gets worse. Ex has emailed saying she has booked up holidays for half term when son is supposed to be here. It is just hitting me that I don't have an order - that somehow if ex refuses to agree the consent order there is no order. And if judge hasn't ratified it. I have been well and truly shafted - but worst thing is I'm hardly seeing son and was supposed to have an order.
I dont know what to say buddy, Im so sorry.

My only suggestion is cut it loose, forget about the consent order now. Throw the whole truck load at her, get a specific issue order thrown in. If she knows youre bloody serious, at best she might back down a bit, at worst you wont waste months chasing her and ending up in same position again.

Ive never understood the existence of consent orders, as if by the time we're at court we can all of a sudden grow up and agree everything.

P.S. if you have a even a draft consent order stating times and she has just booked holidays then it surely goes all in your favour.
It's a nightmare. The whole thing is a useless piece of paper. My gut instinct was not to agree to a consent order but took Barrister's advice - I did tell him and Solicitor that my ex couldn't be trusted but was assured it was valid if agreed at court. Seems not - all she has to do is to refuse to agree it. And the Judge decided not to ratify it.

Only option is to go back to court but am a bit broken right now.
Pick yourself up Charlie, you’ve come way too far. Time to start playing hard ball.
Keep going Charlie7000, you will get there....
Thanks - that means a lot. Picked myself up a bit.
Hi, sorry to dig up this thread but can I ask a couple of questions.
Me and ex are in process of a Consent Order for child arrangements. Had problems with her solicitor sending 2 draft orders that I didn't agree with. Looking back I think I gave too much away with access to our son to get an agreement through. No order has been sealed yet so can I go back and say I want more access that what I agreed and if not can I request a contested hearing to push for it there?
Charlie,

Literally everyone here has done a poor job. There was an agreement in court, it should be really translatable on paper. The judge should have clear in their mind what the order should contain and come down on one side of the other. I think you should go back to court. It's a bluff in a way, because the solicitors don't want this matter back on the basis they agreed an order in court and now they can't 'agrree' on it outside. If it does go back to court, so what, get a better deal but if you bend over backwards for a sealed order you didn't agree to, you'll be fighting for months to get to the level of access you wanted in the first place.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How long to write court order after final hearing? lostsoul 5 5,892 03-13-2019, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  How long does a supervision order last and what happens afterwards? AnneOnymous 3 6,542 02-19-2017, 12:11 PM
Last Post: AnneOnymous