Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resident parent - medical history question
Hi,

I'm not too sure what I'm looking for here. Maybe a bit of a brainstorming.

My now 8yo daughter lives with her mother who is highly argumentative and always looks for excuses to criticise me.
I had my daughter for a week and she developed a few spots on her arms. It looks like 3-4 mosquito bites. My ex is now making a big fuss asking why I didn't take her to the GP, didn't inform her as soon as I saw it, that it's spreading and she has booked the GP for tomorrow (which is a lie).
Also, she recently requested some documents to change my daughter's GP. Today, she finally said who the new GP is, after I chased her many times.

1- I called the new GP and my daughter isn't registered there.
2- I called the former GP who confirmed my daughter is still registered there, but no appointment is scheduled.

I will ask the NHS GP for full medical history.

My ex also said that she has private healthcare for my daughter through work.
I know that I can ask the NHS GP for history, but how does it work for private healthcare?

My ex often uses my daughter's health as a way to criticise me, but I had to go to Court to get my daughter's GP surgery in the first place (along with visitation).
She's now lied again giving me a false GP surgery name.

I don't think that my ex is providing the best parenting to my daughter, but my worries aren't enough to remove my daughter from her mum's. That would imply changing my daughter's school (I'm 30-40min away) and seeing her mother only half weekends, which I think is too little for her at this stage.

Is it possible for me to become the main carer even though I would have her only half weekends, one night a week and half holidays?
I think in this case my daughter would "live with me" but "spend time" With her mother more often than with me. But I would have the "resident parent" responsibilities?

I'm sort of shooting in the dark there.

Also, I was going to ask my ex to extend my visits to half of weekends (Friday to Monday) and one evening a week, which she is going to refuse anyway and we'll most likely end up in court.
Currently I'm seeing my daughter weekly, either one evening during week day, or during the weekend with overnight stays. But not not full weekend yet.
Quote:Is it possible for me to become the main carer even though I would have her only half weekends, one night a week and half holidays?

I think in this case my daughter would "live with me" but "spend time" With her mother more often than with me. But I would have the "resident parent" responsibilities?

No, it's not likely to happen, but it's shouldn't matter. As long as your name is on the birth certificate, you have parental responsibility, which means an equal legal right to be involved in major decisions about your daughters' life (school, care etc)
Anything else could you think of?

I can't find any information of how to get medical health records from a private institutions. I'll call an insurer tomorrow and see if they know.

Could I get the court to make sure that all medical appointments are informed to me until my daughter is X of ag? Say 11 or 12 maybe?
(03-18-2018, 05:36 PM)Alibash Wrote: Anything else could you think of?

I can't find any information of how to get medical health records from a private institutions. I'll call an insurer tomorrow and see if they know.

Could I get the court to make sure that all medical appointments are informed to me until my daughter is X of ag? Say 11 or 12 maybe?

Hi 

I have experience of this and the child's GP should be informed of all medical examinations and school health ( nitty nurse ).
If a private doctor is involved then he /she will deal with the mother, just the same as a private dentist would.

you have a PR right as dad to access all medical files. you also have a right to challenge any medical decision... but that can cost a lot of money as doctors are professionals and never get any thing wrong?

when children get red spots always use caution as a lot of bad diseases start with red spots.....chicken pox , blood poisoning

but prob just a bite from an insect that did not like the taste and flew off.... every day stuff
From experience, it's not as easy to get medical details as it is seems. GPs have no obligation to provide information and fob the parent off.
I had to go several times to my daughter's GP and request a meeting with the manager to get the records.

They didn't accept the original copy of birth certificate and only accepted to provide information without the mother's approval (she would have never approved) after I provided them with a copy of the Court Order confirming that I had overnight stay, and that I explained that my daughter had asthma and I needed to know whether my daughter had medication.
Without the Court order they wouldn't have provided me with any information.

Shouldn't the mother have some penalty to now Tel me that she registered my daughter with another GP, when she hasn't?
(03-19-2018, 12:36 PM)Alibash Wrote: From experience, it's not as easy to get medical details as it is seems. GPs have no obligation to provide information and fob the parent off.
I had to go several times to my daughter's GP and request a meeting with the manager to get the records.

They didn't accept the original copy of birth certificate and only accepted to provide information without the mother's approval (she would have never approved) after I provided them with a copy of the Court Order confirming that I had overnight stay, and that I explained that my daughter had asthma and I needed to know whether my daughter had medication.
Without the Court order they wouldn't have provided me with any information.

Shouldn't the mother have some penalty to now Tel me that she registered my daughter with another GP, when she hasn't?

you are on the right note about medical welfare, and yes she should keep you informed , , but many do not.. if the gp is willing to play ball then all is ok, however for dads that can not get access you have the right to complain about the GPs deccission

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex's new partner has history of violent crime nigel wickington 1 1,577 05-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Last Post: kettleman
  UK case history on fathers winning full custody michaelb 6 3,650 05-16-2017, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Frisbos
  Medical history Alibash 2 2,113 05-10-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  medical history JandM1983 8 5,362 01-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Proud dad