Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
How long would it take to cancel the court application for a CAO If my ex and I have now come to an agreement?
You can call the court and cancel it straightaway. But I highly recommend you don’t.

If you and your ex have come to an agreement then have it written up in a consent order and signed off by a judge. Then it becomes a legal document that can be enforced should she breach it.

My ex and I came to an agreement prior to the final hearing and as soon as she was under the impression I’d cancelled the application and hearing she changed her mind. Luckily I hadn’t and we went to court and I won.

It’s a common tactic so beware and ensure you protect yourself. If your ex has agreed to something you’re both happy with she shouldn’t really have a problem drawing it up as a consent order.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)