Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex handed all her court notes over instead of contact book!!!
It's been a day and I'm still laughing about it!!!!

My partners ex handed him her notes for court, instead of their daughters contact book. (Or rather his ex's mum handed it to him!)

Of all the gift horses... this was the best!!!

Nothing inside was a surprise. It contained the basis to the position statement her solicitors wrote following the s7 report for the last hearing.

The s7 report came back with 3 days a week contact, with a schedule for building contact each week (little one is 14 months) leading up to overnights in 3 months time. She had written in response to this "Joke. Not happening. Too much distress for a baby".
Her position statement was to offer him 30 mins once a week in a contact centre. He walked out of court with the cafcass recommendation. So clearly is happening ?.

She had written a long spiel about her parenting, and how well she had singlehandedly raised her other daughter. "Also I would like you to ensure it is addressed that I have a nearly 4 year old that I have brought up alone who is very bright, polite and a pleasure to be around and is doing amazing in school" (all shit grammar belongs to the original author ?).

Her comments on the assault she committed on my partner while he held their then 9 month old daughter are even better! "I am not a perpetrator of domestic violence. My 2 girls are my everything and they come first. I live for my children. I have never in my life ever been in trouble". Her repsonse to the social worker stating she would benefit on further work on domestic violence and the impact on children was simply, "I do not need help".

The whole thing is the ramblings of a crazy person. It's just full of woe is me, I I and more I, along with I'm an amazing mummy. Oh, and how he doesn't know his daughter (well, that would only because she stopped contact after assaulting him and their daughter).

Of all the gifts to be handed.... I'm betting there was a massive fall out in her house yesterday between her and her mother!!!!

Just thought I'd share the giggle we've been having here!
I think every man here would give their right nut for that. But lets be honest the rhetoric rarely changes much, they all pretty much say the same thing.
My cynical self says its a trick and be careful lol

Is it seen too much as game playing to submit that as evidence? How it would be nice to let the judge see what the mother REALLY thinks before the solicitors start their spin.

This one is a prime candidate for LTCDAD's list of "how not to win in court"
That's excellent! However you need to hand it back and act like you haven't read it. If it's intended for communication between her and her solicitor, it's legally privileged. DO NOT refer to it in court. The judge will not be impressed.

God knows what my ex's notes were going to be like. I was quite tempted to read her email at one point but my partner persuaded me not to. I'm glad she did tbh because her ravings were very predictable and I'd have felt shitty about it if I'd have done it.
(03-28-2018, 08:59 AM)marwood Wrote: That's excellent! However you need to hand it back and act like you haven't read it.  If it's intended for communication between her and her solicitor, it's legally privileged.  DO NOT refer to it in court.  The judge will not be impressed.

God knows what my ex's notes were going to be like.  I was quite tempted to read her email at one point but my partner persuaded me not to. I'm glad she did tbh because her ravings were very predictable and I'd have felt shitty about it if I'd have done it.

Yeah definitely what he said

Actually, to be very certain I would delete this thread. But thanks for the laugh, brightens up my rainy morning.
Oh don't worry, it was handed back. He met her half way to give it back to her, cutting in to his contact time.

He won't refer to it in court, but he can have all his evidence prepared for what ever she has to throw (precisely nothing!).

She didn't ask if he'd read it. And he pretended he didn't!
high five

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Handover book? Seems to just be an order book Charlielovesyou 1 2,362 05-11-2018, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Charlielovesyou
  contact book avadad 9 9,298 02-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Naive
  New book written by veteran father! inzion2016 1 4,190 04-08-2016, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Separated Dads