Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rights if wife says I'm not the father
According to this site  "you have Parental Responsibility, either by being married to the mother when the child was born, being present when the birth was registered and having your name on the birth certificate as the father,". Well this describes my brother. He has a 3 year old daughter and recently saw his wife with another man. She has since told him she's having an affair and the child belongs to this other man. He see's the little girl as his no matter what and wants to fight for access or custody. Could she prevent this by proving he isn't the biological father? Would his parental responsibility or rights be lost?

Thanks
DNA test...
And yes, unfortunately, if the child is not his he does not have parental responsibility unless awarded by a court (i.e. he adopts her)

Step by step.. if she is saying not his then DNA test... you can get online ones and takes 2 mins and 2 weeks get the results.. even the basic ones will give you high accuracy... you only need legal ones if you go to court
If it is some other blokes, then where has he been for the last 3 years and he needs to start paying up

Most likely she is just throwing these comments out to hurt him as the relationship ends
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
(03-28-2018, 12:38 PM)LTCDAD Wrote: DNA test...
And yes, unfortunately, if the child is not his he does not have parental responsibility unless awarded by a court (i.e. he adopts her)

Step by step.. if she is saying not his then DNA test... you can get online ones and takes 2 mins and 2 weeks get the results.. even the basic ones will give you high accuracy... you only need legal ones if you go to court
If it is some other blokes, then where has he been for the last 3 years and he needs to start paying up

Most likely she is just throwing these comments out to hurt him as the relationship ends

Just to be sure being he was married to the mother when the child was born, he was present when the birth was registered and his name is on the birth certificate as the father, but all that is out the window if she proves he's not the father??? And surely the onus is on her to prove this?
Only if she wants to prove it. If she doesn’t and he wants to know for sure then it would be up to him to do so.

It’s a mad, mad world we live in!!
Its not often Kane West has the answer... but occasionally he imparts his wisdom... last line ... call her bluff and get a DNA

Eighteen years, eighteen years
She got one of your kids, got you for eighteen years
I know somebody payin' child support for one of his kids
His baby mama car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV any given Sunday
Win the Super Bowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was supposed to buy your shorty Tyco with your money
She went to the doctor, got lipo with your money
She walkin' around lookin' like Michael with your money
Shoulda got that insured, Geico for your money
If you ain't no punk
Holla, "We want prenup! We want prenup!" (Yeah!)
It's somethin' that you need to have
‘Cause when she leave yo' ass, she gon' leave with half
And on the 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his?!
"Being a good father, for its own sake, does not require your ex to see it or agree"
(03-29-2018, 09:07 AM)LTCDAD Wrote: Its not often Kane West has the answer... but occasionally he imparts his wisdom... last line ... call her bluff and get a DNA

She got one of your kids, got you for eighteen years
I know somebody payin' child support for one of his kids
His baby mama car and crib is bigger than his
You will see him on TV any given Sunday
Win the Super Bowl and drive off in a Hyundai
She was supposed to buy your shorty Tyco with your money
She went to the doctor, got lipo with your money
She walkin' around lookin' like Michael with your money
Shoulda got that insured, Geico for your money
If you ain't no punk
Holla, "We want prenup! We want prenup!" (Yeah!)
It's somethin' that you need to have
‘Cause when she leave yo' ass, she gon' leave with half
And on the 18th birthday he found out it wasn't his?!
Love that song, always makes me smile
I literally fell for the 'swipe and go'

To be fair she paid for her first plastic breasts from the divorce settlement from her first marriage (it wasn't her first ride at the rodeo!)
But when they needed replacing, I drove her to the hospital, paid the bill and was told I could go as she didn't need me there

I sing this line loudly "She walkin' around lookin' like Michael with your money"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wife has moved out with the kids, what are my rights with the house? Noel-1972 11 3,249 11-21-2018, 10:08 AM
Last Post: DanDad
  Father rights Harbs 0 694 02-07-2018, 04:11 PM
Last Post: Harbs
Shocked Father's surname, more legal rights if has surname? robbie1992 2 1,585 02-07-2018, 08:40 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
Exclamation Partner took kids away from legally blind father (What are his rights?) johndoes 3 2,890 05-02-2017, 06:41 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Wife leaves home after committing adultery (my rights & advice please) ? dylan 5 7,031 01-29-2017, 08:05 AM
  What are my legal father's rights? Avry 5 4,149 10-16-2016, 10:47 AM
  Rights as a father in different country cTangcoy 0 1,291 07-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Last Post: cTangcoy