Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declaring financial payments to family members
As part of form E it seems you have to declare payments to family members. 
Turns out my wife has had a monthly standing order to her mum for the past 12 months which I knew nothing about and it stretches back years. Long before my name was put onto the account. 

Could this potentially get them into hot water?
MarkR would be your best person here

Personally I would think as its your wife's and you can prove it was hers only then it shouldnt matter to you.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(03-29-2018, 09:07 AM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: MarkR would be your best person here

Personally I would think as its your wife's and you can prove it was hers only then it shouldnt matter to you.

Indeed but I was paying into the account before my name was put onto it and then it carried on after my name was put onto it and now they have suddenly cancelled it. It also stretches back years. 

I'm possibly think it was paying towards things that should have been declared or was she squirrelling savings into her mums name. Either way as I was paying into the account for the past 12 months  then surely I have a right to ask them to declare it's purpose.
(03-29-2018, 09:13 AM)beehive84 Wrote:
(03-29-2018, 09:07 AM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: MarkR would be your best person here

Indeed but I was paying into the account before my name was put onto it and then it carried on after my name was put onto it and now they have suddenly cancelled it. It also stretches back years. 

I'm possibly think it was paying towards things that should have been declared or was she squirrelling savings into her mums name. Either way as I was paying into the account for the past 12 months  then surely I have a right to ask them to declare it's purpose.

What is important here is what was they payment for?
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
It won't get them into hot water as such if they are declared it, but if the judge is convinced they have been diverting funds to a family member to frustrate you then it could affect the overall position in your favour.
(04-02-2018, 08:11 PM)marwood Wrote: It won't get them into hot water as such if they are declared it, but if the judge is convinced they have been diverting funds to a family member to frustrate you then it could affect the overall position in your favour.

If they frustrate the form E completion (which I'm getting suspicious that they will) to try and delay whats the best way forward? 

Submit divorce papers to give them a kick up the arse? Past that I am seriously considering stopping payments on the mortgage.

Can you submit an occupation order under the basis I can't possibly be expected to pay a household of three adults, a baby and myself if they refuse to cooperate nor contribute to housebills? At this point I have historical proof they haven't paid lodge at all hence could a judge order her parents out of the house under an occupation order?
Ive got nothing to offer about your situation Im afraid, no experience but.... under no circumstances do you stop paying the mortgage unless you are certain she will. Thas putting a financial gun to both your heads and pulling the trigger with regards to credit score. That shit'll follow you long after the divorce is final.
Thanks for the advise.
I'm prepared to pay the mortgage but I have removed myself from joint accounts on utility bills and council tax (as I moved out) but the diirect debits for most are on a joint account between myself and my wife.

If she doesn't agree to removing me from the joint account whats the best scenario to disassociate myself from her in this scenario? Cancel the direct debits first and ask for the account to be frozen? I'm working from the worst case scenario first and working backwards.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Members in the Shropshire area asd1270 0 1,335 12-14-2017, 06:34 AM
Last Post: asd1270
  Any members in the Brighton area? jedinightnight 2 2,883 12-05-2017, 09:20 PM
Last Post: Dad3000