Poll: Would you ever get married again?
Never
Maybe
For sure
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you ever get married again?
I just wanted to see the general feeling!

Personally - no. I could never take the financial risk to my children. I can see myself living with someone, but never again would I blend my finances nor take legal responsibility for someone else.
My children live with their mother in the Middle East. In order for me to have a chance to have the custody of my boys (when they're 11 I could be having them), I will need to have a female presence in the house and that can only be done by being married. I know it's ridiculous assuming that a father can't take care of his kids without a female presence. Though I'm sure my ex will by then relocate to another country.... I would try by all means to achieve having their custody.
It may not matter as family law is looking to give cohabiting couples the same rights as married couples.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/cohab...-tpmbkz6lc
Hell No..... not going down that route again
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I want to believe in love again but I'm jaded now - I don't think I could ever trust anyone like that, having the rug pulled out from under you twice does not instil feelings of confidence in the fairer sex. Marriage is like 'alien' to me.
Dont get me wrong, I believe in love and romance, but just not marriage.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Love yes. Marriage, no.
I envy you - right about now I just about hate women.....
Marriage is a no no from me at the moment, my mind may change in the future, currently I'm still in the zone of wanting to call my ex wife over when I'm on my death bed so with my dying breath I can tell her to go to hell one final time.

That being said 6 months ago I didn't feel like I could ever even begin a relationship again (except with Mrs Palm and her five lovely daughters) but I've now been dating a delightful lady for over a month now and (baby steps and fingers crossed) it's going well.

Marriage though.... nahh
Until I prove I can choose a partner wisely, Im staying on the naughty step.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you get married ... but not be legally married? SherryDan 3 1,371 12-04-2018, 12:06 AM
Last Post: SherryDan
  Divorced last march - the ex is getting married theone23 4 4,360 02-16-2017, 09:34 AM
Last Post: LTCDAD