Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
urgent Advice needed
Hi 

my Grandson who lives in England, is due to visit his dad (my son) for his summer break in Northern Ireland, tomorrow.

My Son's ex has knows the date my son will return the child, she knows the return flight is booked. but has now decided it does not suit! she wants the child returned days earlier. My son only works part time and cannot afford to book another flight. 

if this type of behaviour was a one-off or because of a genuine emergency, he would agree to the change as he knows we would help him in such circumstances. but we now realise that this behaviour is becoming a regular occurance. I think he kept believing each time that it would be different next time, but its not and so we now realise it is a game she plays. 

he cannot afford to go back to solicitors or go back to court as he is still paying off previous fees to them. over the original issue of his ex taking the child to England. 

the child is due tomorrow, but she has txt that the child will not arrive here tomorrow, unless the return dates are changed, by son is upset and angry about this. 

however, last week she txt asking my sone to work on the child's behaviour as the child was becoming defient (age11) . i wonder why this is, the child wants to be with the father they have a very close bond. but she makes it difficult for the father to see him and wont coonfirm dates. the child does not know when he is coming or going or when he will see his dad or for how long. No wonder he has behaviour issues. 

meantime, does anybody know anyway way of dealing with this and making sure the child gets to come tomorrow. is there any way of dealing with immediate issues like this. 

any advice would be much appreciated
(08-03-2016, 05:19 PM)Vee Wrote: Hi 

my Grandson who lives in England, is due to visit his dad (my son) for his summer break in Northern Ireland, tomorrow.

My Son's ex has knows the date my son will return the child, she knows the return flight is booked. but has now decided it does not suit! she wants the child returned days earlier. My son only works part time and cannot afford to book another flight. 

if this type of behaviour was a one-off or because of a genuine emergency, he would agree to the change as he knows we would help him in such circumstances. but we now realise that this behaviour is becoming a regular occurance. I think he kept believing each time that it would be different next time, but its not and so we now realise it is a game she plays. 

he cannot afford to go back to solicitors or go back to court as he is still paying off previous fees to them. over the original issue of his ex taking the child to England. 

the child is due tomorrow, but she has txt that the child will not arrive here tomorrow, unless the return dates are changed, by son is upset and angry about this. 

however, last week she txt asking my sone to work on the child's behaviour as the child was becoming defient (age11) . i wonder why this is, the child wants to be with the father they have a very close bond. but she makes it difficult for the father to see him and wont coonfirm dates. the child does not know when he is coming or going or when he will see his dad or for how long. No wonder he has behaviour issues. 

meantime, does anybody know anyway way of dealing with this and making sure the child gets to come tomorrow. is there any way of dealing with immediate issues like this. 

any advice would be much appreciated

Its missing the detail to know the exact legal standing. Due to how urgent it is, I am going to send you a private message now
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  !!! Urgent advice needed please !!! Chester Copperpot 16 3,585 02-12-2019, 10:54 PM
Last Post: andynumpty
  Ok, so i need some urgent advice. PeterB83 1 2,457 08-19-2016, 09:17 PM
Last Post: MarkR