Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
interim contact order
Hi all due back in court in 2 months time. I have had a court order that hasn't been followed(breach) which now they have put in an interim contact order in place until june to see if that works . its a final hearing , my ex has now said I cant have children even though ordered by court unsupervised, she wants it supervised and made up a lame excuse, I would like to add the courts already heard her excuse and still made the interim order anyway. now she is not going to comply yet again I am faced with potentially not seeing children for another 7 -8 weeks. I am meant to go school to pick them up but worried she either wont take them in which she will probably do next week or will have the prospect of us both turning up even though she knows she shouldn't be there. can the school stop her taking them if I have court order clearly stating I am meant to pick them up from school on certain days. I am intending to go there regardless as fed up with what is happening to children and she is also telling them to say things to teachers and supervisors and is slowly due to lack of contact turning them against me. unfortunately court isn't for 2 months so if she refuses I am yet again unable to see children for a long period of time
(04-15-2018, 09:04 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Hi all due back in court in 2 months time. I have had a court order that hasn't been followed(breach) which now they have put in an interim contact order in place until june to see if that works . its a final hearing , my ex has now said I cant have children even though ordered by court unsupervised, she wants it supervised and made up a lame excuse, I would like to add the courts already heard her excuse and still made the interim order anyway. now she is not going to comply yet again I am faced with potentially not seeing children for another 7 -8 weeks. I am meant to go school to pick them up but worried she either wont take them in which she will probably do next week or will have the prospect of us both turning up even though she knows she shouldn't be there. can the school stop her taking them if I have court order clearly stating I am meant to pick them up from school on certain days. I am intending to go there regardless as fed up with what is happening to children and she is also telling them to say things to teachers and supervisors and is slowly due to lack of contact turning them against me. unfortunately court isn't for 2 months so if she refuses I am yet again unable to see children for a long period of time

Id be very keen to hear responses to this. I myself am back in court on tuesday, and an interim contact order was put into place 2nd week of December - To date other then a supervised visit in the cafcass office, i havent seen my child once. Im interested to know what the courts actually do (If anything) to stop the behaviour from continuing.
Yes the School are absolutely obliged to comply with the order. Go into the school at another time, make an appointment with the head teacher and let them know your situation. They get it all the time and should hopefully be understanding. They will need a copy of the interim order for their records. They cant physically stop you or your ex taking kids if you have PR. Tell the school you just want to be involved in kids education, play nice, charm, flirt, whatever you have to do. Because if your ex plays games you'll need a statement of the facts from the School. But be aware they WILL NOT want to get involved [unless youre a poor beaten mum] in which case they will.
If she turns up to get the kids on your day, walk away without altercation, go into the school and ask them there and then to write that your ex took the kids contrary to the interim order.

I know its hard, Im often in the same situation but keep calm, she will have other mums chomping at the bit to "witness" your aggressive behavior. Record it all on your phone. Got a dash cam? park it facing the entrance. RECORD RECORD RECORD.
Ok this sounds so similar. Will reply once home. There must be a mums handbook out there with all the underhand tactics to use.
Mirror Naive comments

Hi. If the interim order states for you to collect your child then the school will do their best to accommodate this. However the school will not referee and disputes parents have.

The order will need to be followed and if the mother disrespects this then she may MAY get a ticking off in court.

I would avoid any conflict. Speak to the head at school. Provide them a copy of the order and of the days you are to collect the child from school.
You will to avoid any conflict but concerned the mother will come to collect them.

They will normally speak to parents individually and then inform parents that the school will be following the court order.

This happened to me during my appeal hearing being success but the old order remained in force from a major cock up from court.

This however does not stop the parents from removing the children from school.

Basically school cant stop a parent with PR taking the child out of school regardless.

It is a mess and yes it is unfair for the children to be subject to this continued disruptive behaviour.

If the interim order states your ex has a prohibited steps order, stating under the care and control of mum. She can relatively stop contact, she can make whatever reason to do so.

I would agree keeping record of all contacts etc, turn up on the days you collect the children. Have a meeting with head first, so he knows the days you collect.
If mum turns up when you do , then speak to the head ,or safeguarding lead of the situation as you do.not wish the children be exposed to any possible conflict.

Is Cafcass still involved? If they are I will personally build you a wooden box..

Joke a side, inform them of the non compliance. Not that it will make a difference.

In reference to parties breaching orders.
Nothing is really done Apart from money spent on the application and barrister, you will get a little ticking off from the judge.

The mother is playing this well. Its appalling.

Just a quickly
My ex instigated a enforcement after my appeal was successful .at court last week it was totally ignored.
So it goes to show how relaxed the court is re enforcements
After visiting school, ringing Caffcass and speaking to contact centre and my solicitor at the end of today I am collecting children from school on my day and she has been told to comply with the interim order . hard work but least its happening
That's great news.
(04-16-2018, 09:53 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: That's great news.

Yes was a stressful day contacting everyone, she made up loads of lies and excuses but give in and agreed. Caffcass officer asked her to comply with order until she sees her in months time after ex raised a concern which was total nonsense shall I add which had already been heard by court when interim order was issued
You've done a sterling job there. I think sometimes things need dealing with robustly rather than sitting and stressing. Take the bull by the horns kind of thing. Glad Cafcass were helpful.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interim contact arrangements advice thelongroad 22 19,737 12-23-2018, 04:19 PM
Last Post: thelongroad
  Interim court order continues to be broken Marky207 4 4,962 11-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Marky207
  Interim court order broken already - what to do now? Marky207 12 12,639 10-29-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Marky207
  Interim contact - psychotic ex Marky207 1 2,678 09-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Advice on interim order and lack of evidence ukchris2013 0 1,774 09-18-2018, 10:44 AM
Last Post: ukchris2013
  Interim Child Contact Akarou 1 2,736 04-25-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Witholding contact under interim order Naive 7 7,084 04-09-2018, 06:51 AM
Last Post: Naive
  Interim Contact Order broke warrior90 4 5,394 02-26-2018, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  re-establishing interim contact - advice please devoted-dad99 2 4,104 02-20-2018, 05:30 AM
Last Post: mahendardamera
  Interim contact help anyone Simon123 1 3,513 12-27-2016, 01:05 PM
Last Post: MarkR