Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
extra time allowance
Hi everyone, I've just missed this weekend with my 2 year old due to her being unwell and although Im perfectly capable of looking after her while unwell , agreed to mothers request for her to stay with her until better as she is clingy to mum. I phoned the doctor to check if she really was unwell as communication is not forthcoming from mum and this is so upsetting as Im concerned and just want to know how my little girl is, my text's go unanswered though. Im literally climbing the walls!  I asked if I could , if she is better , arrange  another time  before the next scheduled contact, again  , totally ignoring me. 
I took my ex  to court last year as she stopped contact completely for 4 months after initially having extensive contact for the first 12 months on fairly  amicable terms. The court ruled that I have my daughter every other weekend which started immediately and not in the contact centre as  the ex wanted which was great. I turned down the offer of a midweek visit as she lives 120 miles round trip away and so is not at all workable , especially for my daughter who would be sitting in a car on a motorway , go straight to bed pretty much and be returned the next morning. The problem I can see ahead is if contact is suspended due to illness or bad weather for example ,shouldn't  it be reasonable to expect that I see daughter at another time ? If I don't see her one of my weekends  then the next time I see her is another 2 weeks which means I havent seen her for a whole month. This I feel is way too long for a 2 year old between visits. We have a fantastic bond again after ex tried to break it and the continuity of the regular contact is important mores at such a tender age. But it is a loophole that should of been put in the order I can see now.
I fully expect to go back to court  at sometime as it states in the order that extra time to be added when my daughter starts nursery school which will be about 12 months away. What could I expect from this ?, I have spoken to numerous people who have been through similar and they tell me that at least half of school holidays could be awarded which I would love. The ex has an older child by a previous and spoke in the past about how she needs to keep the two of them together especially during holidays. How would this effect the courts decision if at all? 
Many thanks
(04-17-2018, 08:48 AM)Blackheath Wrote: Hi everyone, I've just missed this weekend with my 2 year old due to her being unwell and although Im perfectly capable of looking after her while unwell , agreed to mothers request for her to stay with her until better as she is clingy to mum. I phoned the doctor to check if she really was unwell as communication is not forthcoming from mum and this is so upsetting as Im concerned and just want to know how my little girl is, my text's go unanswered though. Im literally climbing the walls!  I asked if I could , if she is better , arrange  another time  before the next scheduled contact, again  , totally ignoring me. 
I took my ex  to court last year as she stopped contact completely for 4 months after initially having extensive contact for the first 12 months on fairly  amicable terms. The court ruled that I have my daughter every other weekend which started immediately and not in the contact centre as  the ex wanted which was great. I turned down the offer of a midweek visit as she lives 120 miles round trip away and so is not at all workable , especially for my daughter who would be sitting in a car on a motorway , go straight to bed pretty much and be returned the next morning. The problem I can see ahead is if contact is suspended due to illness or bad weather for example ,shouldn't  it be reasonable to expect that I see daughter at another time ? If I don't see her one of my weekends  then the next time I see her is another 2 weeks which means I havent seen her for a whole month. This I feel is way too long for a 2 year old between visits. We have a fantastic bond again after ex tried to break it and the continuity of the regular contact is important mores at such a tender age. But it is a loophole that should of been put in the order I can see now.
I fully expect to go back to court  at sometime as it states in the order that extra time to be added when my daughter starts nursery school which will be about 12 months away. What could I expect from this ?, I have spoken to numerous people who have been through similar and they tell me that at least half of school holidays could be awarded which I would love. The ex has an older child by a previous and spoke in the past about how she needs to keep the two of them together especially during holidays. How would this effect the courts decision if at all? 
Many thanks

While some mothers try to get a sickness clause on contact orders, the best way to deal with it, is to state that you have PR, so as far as the law is concerned, you are able to give consent for any medical treatment the child needs while in your case.  If you can show it will be used to obstruct contact, have the order say she must inform  you of the sickness, and its your decision on if contact goes ahead, as its you who knows what is planned for in that time.

From 2, the normal starting point is every other weekend, and up to half the school holidays. This half of what Courts consider to be Quality Time, and the fact she has other children will not affect this, as they still get every other weekend with them.

Your child has a legal right to spend time with you, and your what works for your ex does not come into it. Its your avalialibty that sets out what you can have, as longs its its only half the quality time, unless its by agreement.

Both children have a legal right to spend time with each other, and either this happens in the time your ex has them, or by agreement, her child could attend the contact also.

If you have lived with the other child for 6 years, there is other legal options you might want to look at regarding contact to yourself.
As they both live with your ex, you would not be able to get a "Sibling" contact order for your Child to see the other one.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  advice - extra curricular overload proud_dad 8 7,896 06-22-2019, 09:04 AM
Last Post: proud_dad
  Holiday "allowance" Naive 15 15,583 03-02-2018, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  EXTRA ACCESS APPARENTLY BREAKING COURT ORDER? ootracieoo 1 4,025 09-27-2016, 06:05 PM
Last Post: MarkR