Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
50 : 50
Hello, I'm in the midst of mediation and I'm proposing to have the two children live with me for half the time, its currently 40:60 in her favour (50:50 during school holidays), I suggested a 5 day rotation (it seems equal) but got flatly rejected both from a increase in time and for that pattern of care. I'ld like to hear from others about whats worked in practice on a 50:50 basis with the kids, i'm keen to offer stability so don't want to much back and forth for the kids, any thoughts or recommendations... really appreciated.
2-2-5-5 seems good in my opinion. It is basically every other week-end and you both have two school nights each. So for example if they came to you wed and thurs night each week then one week it would be 2 nights and the following week it would be 5 nights as the week-end follows on from the wed thurs nights and you take them to school monday morning. For her it would be every mon tues night- one week it would be 2 nights again and the next week her mon tues nights would follow her week-end. With that pattern they are never away from either of you for more than 5 nights, but on alternate weeks see you both every 3 days or so. Less changeovers too.

What do you have at the moment? 60/40 isn't bad. You might be able to do a deal and say you'd keep 60/40 on a "lives with both parents" basis.
Yeah, the fact you have 60/40 already puts you in a very strong position.
If your proposal isnt to different from the current set up, and you can prove why its in best interest of children then you should be fine. Put your case across in mediation but if you need to go to court you can definitely represent yourself.
(04-17-2018, 07:55 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: 2-2-5-5 seems good in my opinion.  It is basically every other week-end and you both have two school nights each.  So for example if they came to you wed and thurs night each week then one week it would be 2 nights and the following week it would be 5 nights as the week-end follows on from the wed thurs nights and you take them to school monday morning.  For her it would be every mon tues night- one week it would be 2 nights again and the next week her mon tues nights would follow her week-end.  With that pattern they are never away from either of you for more than 5 nights, but on alternate weeks see you both every 3 days or so.  Less changeovers too.

What do you have at the moment?  60/40 isn't bad.  You might be able to do a deal and say you'd keep 60/40 on a "lives with both parents" basis.

Thanks Charlie, thats been really helpful, tonight I've put it forward I'm not sure if it will be considered properly, felt like the words 'see you in court' got used lots on the suggestion. I do know that 60/40 isn't bad, I'm looking to have equal parenting, although I do realise you don't always get what you want.

(04-18-2018, 08:08 AM)Naive Wrote: Yeah, the fact you have 60/40 already puts you in a very strong position.
If your proposal isnt to different from the current set up, and you can prove why its in best interest of children then you should be fine. Put your case across in mediation but if you need to go to court you can definitely represent yourself.

Thanks Naive, proving what is in the best interest of children is a tricky one and hugely emotional, I'm defo trying to avoid court if I can. Appreciated.