Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death - like hell is "lives with" a label
(04-24-2018, 12:34 PM)strider Wrote: Naive, just to reassure you, nobody can obtain PR without a court order. PR can’t be ‘given’ to another by a parent with PR.

Don’t be worrying mate.

Lol, cheers.
Its more of an OCD thing than worrying, once I realise a scenario might be possible I have to thrash the hell out of it until I completely understand. Then it gets filed away. I honestly couldn't have done this without you guys. Thanks
It gets like this in the run up to the hearing - hang in there. You're just trying to make sure you've thought of everything whiile going for this. I did the same but in the end had to accept some things may have to be dealt with later in another application if and when a particular situation arises.

I tried to ask for a non return in the order but was told I couldn't do that. What I did have included was: Passports (whether it was lives with or not, a clause to say passport would be kept by Mother but released within 21 days of request for a holiday and 7 days for any other purpose; and a specific issue saying neither parent could change school without the consent of the other. The thinking there was it would give me notice if she ever intended to move away. And a bit in the recitals about communication in urgent or short notice situations and by email otherwise.

The main thing is to get the times stated and defined so it's enforceable. In my situation I thought it was important to have lives with to stop the ex arranging things in my time or without my consent - but more of a psychological thing to stop her being a megalomaniac.

Twin sounds horrible! Think positive though - she'd have to either ask you if she wanted to see kids and her sister had died, or apply to the court for PR and an order to spend time with. And you could move further away before she did.
(04-24-2018, 02:36 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: It gets like this in the run up to the hearing - hang in there.  You're just trying to make sure you've thought of everything whiile going for this.  I did the same but in the end had to accept some things may have to be dealt with later in another application if and when a particular situation arises.

I tried to ask for a non return in the order but was told I couldn't do that.  What I did have included was:  Passports (whether it was lives with or not, a clause to say passport would be kept by Mother but released within 21 days of request for a holiday and 7 days for any other purpose; and a specific issue saying neither parent could change school without the consent of the other.  The thinking there was it would give me notice if she ever intended to move away.  And a bit in the recitals about communication in urgent or short notice situations and by email otherwise.

The main thing is to get the times stated and defined so it's enforceable. In my situation I thought it was important to have lives with to stop the ex arranging things in my time or without my consent - but more of a psychological thing to stop her being a megalomaniac.

Twin sounds horrible!  Think positive though - she'd have to either ask you if she wanted to see kids and her sister had died, or apply to the court for PR and an order to spend time with.  And you could move further away before she did.

Yeah I got all that, although I asked for the passport to go to other parent straight after holiday so the other parent can book with confidence.
Yeah the whole family are megalomaniacs, my daughter would of course need to still see her auntie, she also has a much older sister and I would never in a million years stop that relationship. It would probably work fine unless the sister had PR. She would see it as her responsibility to manage the hell out of me.
(04-24-2018, 02:57 PM)Naive Wrote:
(04-24-2018, 02:36 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: It gets like this in the run up to the hearing - hang in there.  You're just trying to make sure you've thought of everything whiile going for this.  I did the same but in the end had to accept some things may have to be dealt with later in another application if and when a particular situation arises.

I tried to ask for a non return in the order but was told I couldn't do that.  What I did have included was:  Passports (whether it was lives with or not, a clause to say passport would be kept by Mother but released within 21 days of request for a holiday and 7 days for any other purpose; and a specific issue saying neither parent could change school without the consent of the other.  The thinking there was it would give me notice if she ever intended to move away.  And a bit in the recitals about communication in urgent or short notice situations and by email otherwise.

Twin sounds horrible!  Think positive though - she'd have to either ask you if she wanted to see kids and her sister had died, or apply to the court for PR and an order to spend time with.  And you could move further away before she did.

Yeah I got all that, although I asked for the passport to go to other parent straight after holiday so the other parent can book with confidence.
Yeah the whole family are megalomaniacs, my daughter would of course need to still see her auntie, she also has a much older sister and I would never in a million years stop that relationship. It would probably work fine unless the sister had PR. She would see it as her responsibility to manage the hell out of me.
Get the order first and worry later Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  50/50 but not lives with? Naive 3 4,085 01-22-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Flapping like hell, need some advice tedleyheaven 5 6,280 11-22-2018, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Charlie7000