Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meetups in London
Hi All,

I'm looking at getting some meetups arranged in the London area.

Like a lot of people here, my situation is causing anxiety and I think meeting people in similar situations would be mutually beneficial.

Please reply if interested.
(04-29-2018, 06:01 PM)NewStart2018 Wrote: Hi All,

Like a lot of people here, my situation is causing anxiety and I think meeting people in similar situations would be mutually beneficial.

This was first tried 18 months back, but the area suggested (in the middle of London), would of resulted in 2 changes of tube and a bus for people coming in from the North side.

I am between Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard and Aylesbury. However, I work every Saturday, so Sunday would be best.
If we can get it sorted in time, I have booked Saturday 2nd June off, and the event I was going to has now been canceled.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
(04-29-2018, 09:51 PM)MarkR Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 06:01 PM)NewStart2018 Wrote: Yep, I saw that, and that it was logistically tricky and totally understand.

Think June 2 is a Saturday and I can definitely do afternoon.

Makes sense to try and do somewhere around Oxford Circus guven Central and Victoria line access.

Will have a think.

Hi All,

This was first tried 18 months back, but the area suggested (in the middle of London), would of resulted in 2 changes of tube and a bus for people coming in from the North side.

I am between Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard and Aylesbury. However, I work every Saturday, so Sunday would be best.
If we can get it sorted in time, I have booked Saturday 2nd June off, and the event I was going to has now been canceled.
Probably not a popular view, but might I suggest that people give it a shot meeting up online? (myself not included at present, I'm still looking down the line at what may come). Technology these days is great... you could have a google video hangout session with many people, while you're all sat with a beer at home... or even setup a chat room on a social VR app if you're into that (eg vTime - which includes non-vr users, if you don't want to pop your phone into a cardboard headset) Either way, shame to let distance get in the way of a good group voice/video rant to let off verbal steam about the Ex, and likely make great friends who know exactly where you're coming from! Smile
We could set up a Slack group - let me ask the senior mods if this is feasible
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Slack is good and better than Google Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular real world meetups ADTR_2014 2 1,217 03-28-2018, 10:51 AM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual