Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My rights regarding access to daughter
Hi I have a 15 month old daughter who I am not allowed to see unsupervised since the day of her birth. Myself and her mother are not married and have been on and off since then and there are no other people involved. Currently we are estranged. Unbeknown to me my daughter's mother registered her birth and didn't put me on the birth certificate. I have paid between £120 and £150 in child support for the last 5 months but have only been able to see my daughter at weekends for just a couple of hours at her mother's discretion. I refused to pay anything this month in protest at not being able to have my daughter on my own and subsequently have not seen her since. I have no criminal record and have no history of violence or anything else that could be raised as an issue in me having my child on my own. The only issue I can see is I currently live at my mother's and my ex partner does not like her. I have tried to compromise and say I will take her to the park or soft play for an hour instead but still it is refused. I would really appreciate any advice on what to do next. I miss my little girl so much.
Please pay child maintenance regardless as it will go against you if you do not and if she goes to the CMS you may end up paying 20% in feels if they put you on collect and pay.

You need to go to court for defined access and Parental responsibility but you have to start with mediation.
What Hazy said. Also do everything in writing - emails or texts - and keep them, as it's evidence of all sorts - of the amount of contact time you've had/are having (you'd be surprised how a Mother can turn round and claim you've never seen the child!), evidence that you communicate reasonably (so keep it polite and formal), and evidence that she is unreasonable (if she doesn't reply or sends nasty messages back or refuses to let you see daughter in writing).

But ultimately you need to fill in a c100 form and apply for a child arrangements order. When you have an order, if she doesn't keep to the ordered time for daughter with you, she is in breach and you can enforce it. You can't submit evidence with the c100 but you can at a final hearing and it can help your case to have copies of emails and texts. The court fee is £215 and you can represent yourself.

I'm not sure on this bit, but others will know - but if you're not on the birth certificate and you're applying for parental responsibility as well as a Child Arrangements order (you need PR to get the Child Arrangements order) the court may order a dna test unless the Mother agrees you're the Father.
Thank you both for your replies. I will resume paying child support next month, I just wanted to try something new because i was desperate. I messaged her on Tuesday a long, pleading message but had no reply. One obstacle is that we both do still love each other but it seems outside factors (family, mainly) are making a proper relationship impossible. I will look at putting your advice into action.
I do not wish to sound harsh but when it comes to this scenario you really need to be squeaky clean.

Reinstate CM ASAP and maybe cut down on the messaging as many on here have been issues with non molestation orders for harassment. Anything you do can be used against you. It’s a mad, mad, system in this country you are now sadly entering.
(05-11-2018, 08:54 AM)Hazy Wrote: I do not wish to sound harsh but when it comes to this scenario you really need to be squeaky clean.

Reinstate CM ASAP and maybe cut down on the messaging as many on here have been issues with non molestation orders for harassment.  Anything you do can be used against you. It’s a mad, mad, system in this country you are now sadly  entering.

To be fair 90% of the time it is her messaging me but about us trying again, not our daughter. She turns up to places I am socially etc. I felt quite low on Tues which is why I text her but it was only about our daughter.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Concerns about my daughter and my rights as a father ruifer76 4 5,550 09-15-2018, 08:40 AM
Last Post: ruifer76
  Mother left daughter at home in favour of a long holiday. My rights? sjl1102 3 4,087 08-11-2018, 12:42 PM
Last Post: sjl1102
  Access rights Ghostdancer 2 3,406 07-30-2018, 07:17 AM
Last Post: Ghostdancer
Sad Court order in place, but now denied access to my daughter parmsg 16 16,789 07-09-2018, 12:37 AM
Last Post: parmsg
  Access rights Ghostdancer 7 7,401 05-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Mr Sandman
  What access rights do I have with an ex and child abroad? Jingle_jangle 1 2,559 01-03-2018, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Advice - Child Access Rights Dell 3 5,889 10-29-2017, 10:16 PM
Last Post: Dell
  Overseas Fathers Access Rights Paolov2378 2 4,440 01-25-2017, 05:50 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  access to daughter Danny Lancaster 4 8,129 01-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Access to my daughter Gordy34 4 10,741 03-16-2016, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Norfolk n Good