Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hay guys, cafcass
cafcass has sent me a letter saying that , there closing there files with me? still in contact center,, and is, well just boring for baby and i, summers here, and i want to take her out so dam bad, and i only get 2 hours every 2 weeks, and now got to wait 1 month,, till i see her again, because of bank holidays,,  soon back to court,  its so hard trying to be a,,, dad, Sad
2 hours every 2 weeks. That seems very little. Did Cafcass recommend any progression of contact before they considered closing their file?

Hope things go well for you.
Thats not good, my cafcass officer specifically told me and wrote in the section 7 that 2 hours every 2 weeks simply was not enough time for the child. Also my contact centre is open even on bank holidays, i take it yours is not then? They really dont take into account the fact that a lot of centres are not open full time which means you miss or cant have the contact the children need.

Chin up it is hard but theres really not a lot any of us can do about it apart from keep your head down and get on with it until things improve.
1 month is too long. If Cafcass are closing the file on you, have they made any recommendation for contact for the final hearing? Could you email them and mention that as the Contact centre is closed for the bank holiday you won't see daughter for a month, and ask if they could specify an alternate date or increase it to weekly during the interim?
(05-14-2018, 06:30 AM)asd1270 Wrote: 2 hours every 2 weeks. That seems very little. Did Cafcass recommend any progression of contact before they considered closing their file?

Hope things go well for you.

thanku asd, contact center is only open, every 2 weeks.

(05-14-2018, 06:40 AM)Charlielovesyou Wrote: Thats not good, my cafcass officer specifically told me and wrote in the section 7 that 2 hours every 2 weeks simply was not enough time for the child. Also my contact centre is open even on bank holidays, i take it yours is not then? They really dont take into account the fact that a lot of centres are not open full time which means you miss or cant have the contact the children need.

Chin up it is hard but theres really not a lot any of us can do about it apart from keep your head down and get on with it until things improve.

thanks charlie, i hope it vastly improves for us both, mate, and all the guys on here, its going to be 1 month till i see baby again,, i bet the ex,, is just loving that,,, im not,

(05-14-2018, 06:34 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: 1 month is too long.  If Cafcass are closing the file on you, have they made any recommendation for contact for the final hearing?  Could you email them and mention that as the Contact centre is closed for the bank holiday you won't see daughter for a month, and ask if they could specify an alternate date or increase it to weekly during the interim?

hi charlie, cafcass, ????? no, so i just keep ploding along, seeing baby, evey 2 weeks 2 hours, until i go back to court, july,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hey guys ST4N80 10 9,303 05-30-2019, 04:24 PM
Last Post: ST4N80
  Grab yourself some popcorn guys.... this ones a doozy! TheTrickedDad 3 4,797 03-03-2017, 01:24 AM
Last Post: cornishguy91
  Hey guys I'm back ST4N80 7 9,762 12-12-2016, 05:55 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Advice please guys. Natep 5 8,659 09-18-2016, 01:42 PM
Last Post: MarkR