Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex moving my kids to different schools
Hi Guys,

I have an ex who left a year ago and went and lived with her parents. They live very local to me still in the same town.

I have two kids, 3 & 2, my eldest goes to preschool at one school locally, and is due to start big school in September, his school selection has already been accepted for him to start at a different school, however this is still very local to me.

My youngest is at nursery and has not yet been confirmed where she will progress to this coming January.

My problem is that my ex is due to move to a new home which is about 7 miles away. I have a strange feeling that she will want to move my eldest without my consent and to also have my youngest go to the same school eventually as she will then live and work in that area.

I have already started a court child arrangement order application 3 weeks ago to try to obtain 50/50 though I feel by the time this is complete she may have already made decisions of my eldest, and possibly move my youngest to a different nursery.

What are my options?
(05-14-2018, 05:24 AM)cheesy time Wrote: Hi Guys,

I have an ex who left a year ago and went and lived with her parents. They live very local to me still in the same town.

I have two kids, 3 & 2, my eldest goes to preschool at one school locally, and is due to start big school in September, his school selection has already been accepted for him to start at a different school, however this is still very local to me.

My youngest is at nursery and has not yet been confirmed where she will progress to this coming January.

My problem is that my ex is due to move to a new home which is about 7 miles away. I have a strange feeling that she will want to move my eldest without my consent and to also have my youngest go to the same school eventually as she will then live and work in that area.

I have already started a court child arrangement order application 3 weeks ago to try to obtain 50/50 though I feel by the time this is complete she may have already made decisions of my eldest, and possibly move my youngest to a different nursery.

What are my options?

Ask Court for an Urgent Directions Hearing on your application.

Tell them that your ex is about to make decisions what will influance and disadvantage you in the proceedings once made.

Ask for a Prohibited Steps Order to be put in place at the Hearing, preventing any relocation until the outcome of the case.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
I sent the application in about 3 weeks ago and still haven't heard from them yet. Should I phone them up and chase them? When I phone them can I simply ask for the urgent directions hearing or do I need to re-apply?
Okay so my ex told me today she has set up for the children to start school 10 miles away as this is where she is moving to.

I rang the courts to ask if they received my original application they said no and advised to start again.

So do I now tick also the specific issue order then go to section 6 and fill out the following:

6a:
set out the order/direction sought : Prohibited steps order

set out the reasons for urgency :**** the respondent is about to make decisions that will influence and disadvantage my court proceedings once made.

Proposed time :30 days

Do I need to fill out the without notice hearing section on 6b?
My boy due to start at a school in september she has removed from their listings so its now set that he is to start at this new school....what can I do to reverse this?? I am losing my mind...
You've got time dont worry, phone the original school admissions board and make it clear the decision was made without the consent of all with parental responsibility. Make sure you tell them in writing and that it will be subject to a court order soon. Ask them to hold the position so you can get a court order in place.

Phone the new school admissions board and tell them the same, the application was made without the consent of all with PR. Tell them in writing too. You may need to send them ID and childs birth certificate as proof of PR.

Do you have proof that the original selection was the one you agreed? a text, an email?

Next, have a very good reason why thats the right school for your boy, friends going there? already knows them from nursery? its better suited to his education. All the reasons this school was chosen in the first place.

School admissions were very snotty with me, they dont like dealing with the other parent especially if you sound controlling but the law is the law and having been told the application doesnt have consent then they will need to do something.
Ideally you want them to email you with proof of the cancellation and selection of new school so you can show court.
No I don't have proof apart from probably quite a few messages between each other when we both agreed the selection in order of schools we wanted him to go to. I wonder if this is enough.

Yes at the original school he had his best friend whose he sees at least 4 times a week, I even got in place for them both to be in the same class.

Ive rang them, they deal with both schools which is handy. The guy I spoke to seems to think this will not be a problem to put on hold until the court is dealt with.

Thank you so much, this has put my mind at ease for today. I was beginning to feel like I literally have no say in their lives

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex telling the kids they're moving away from me Gra76 7 4,062 11-03-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Advice about schools proud_dad 2 3,413 06-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Last Post: proud_dad
  Moved house, schools, impacting arrangements - help RightlyKnightly 0 1,634 10-04-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: RightlyKnightly
  Wife moving out with kids martin4 1 2,478 08-04-2018, 01:09 AM
  Schools and sole residence orders Naive 7 7,071 05-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Tom_W88
  Secondary schools Charlie7000 8 9,604 01-31-2018, 01:10 PM
  Changing schools adam1980 3 7,138 01-03-2017, 05:07 AM
Last Post: MarkR
  Ex moving kids abroad Lightyfoot13 4 7,324 07-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Lightyfoot13
  Lost custody as moving home - Not Moving now ageofseparation 11 17,335 05-16-2016, 02:20 AM
Last Post: MarkR