Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal ideas to earn a little extra?!?!?!
Well, just what it says. Any ideas on how to earn a bit more?

I have just signed for finance on a new car (my current car is falling apart), I have to keep paying mortgage etc., maintenance payments, rent on current flat etc. so I am a bit strapped.

Any ideas are welcome Smile
What skills do you have ?
(05-21-2018, 07:31 AM)FlogginAdeadHorse Wrote: What skills do you have ?

I am an Engineer, from the UK, living in Spain for the last 15 years. So Engineering, Spanish and English. Not much else really you could call a skill. I am going to put out flyers for English lessons.
Window cleaning.

When I was a teenager I did a cash in hand job for a "friend". His business was to build up window cleaning rounds and sell them as a business.
So on Tuesday and Thursday nights he would pick me and 3 other guys up and travel to a nearby city. I would have a note pad and pen and just knock on doors asking if they wanted a reliable window cleaner, I would have to run between doors to beat the other guys. If the household was interested I would quote them to clean their windows. What ever I sold I got 50% in cash that night. So if I quote £20 for a house I got £10 that night. Id regularly go home with £100-£200, it was more than my day job.
I remember one night I snuck up a fancy gated road with mansions. I quoted £250 to clean the first house windows [they had a conservatory] and to my shock they agreed. I then took their name and went to the next house and told them we clean your neighbors [Mr Smith] windows and they agreed we could clean theirs as well. I sold all up the road and made £550 in cash that night. My "friend" REALLY resented giving me the money, I was 20 and it was like hitting the lottery. He changed the rules after that.

Anyway, it made me realise how frickin easy it was. You build the round up and sell it for 2 times the monthly income, if you clean the windows yourself for a few months then you can sell it as an established round for 3 times the monthly income.
I always figured if I hit rock bottom I could always do window cleaning. It takes work but NO money to start, and you can start earning the next day by actually doing the window cleaning round. Just need a bucket, rags and that swipey thing.
(05-21-2018, 08:37 AM)Naive Wrote: Window cleaning.

When I was a teenager I did a cash in hand job for a "friend". His business was to build up window cleaning rounds and sell them as a business.
So on Tuesday and Thursday nights he would pick me and 3 other guys up and travel to a nearby city. I would have a note pad and pen and just knock on doors asking if they wanted a reliable window cleaner, I would have to run between doors to beat the other guys. If the household was interested I would quote them to clean their windows. What ever I sold I got 50% in cash that night. So if I quote £20 for a house I got £10 that night. Id regularly go home with £100-£200, it was more than my day job.
I remember one night I snuck up a fancy gated road with mansions. I quoted £250 to clean the first house windows [they had a conservatory] and to my shock they agreed. I then took their name and went to the next house and told them we clean your neighbors [Mr Smith] windows and they agreed we could clean theirs as well. I  sold all up the road and made £550 in cash that night. My "friend" REALLY resented giving me the money, I was 20 and it was like hitting the lottery. He changed the rules after that.

Anyway, it made me realise how frickin easy it was. You build the round up and sell it for 2 times the monthly income, if you clean the windows yourself for a few months then you can sell it as an established round for 3 times the monthly income.
I always figured if I hit rock bottom I could always do window cleaning. It takes work but NO money to start, and you can start earning the next day by actually doing the window cleaning round. Just need a bucket, rags and that swipey thing.

I just realised reading this that I have a Vax carpet cleaner Smile

I remember one night I snuck up a fancy gated road with mansions. I quoted £250 to clean the first house windows [they had a conservatory] and to my shock they agreed. I then took their name and went to the next house and told them we clean your neighbors [Mr Smith] windows and they agreed we could clean theirs as well. I  sold all up the road and made £550 in cash that night. My "friend" REALLY resented giving me the money, I was 20 and it was like hitting the lottery. He changed the rules after that.

I also replaced iphone, Ipad screens for a while but if the screen failed after a period of time I'd have to replace it free of charge and a few of them would wipe out profit so gave up on that.
if your UK based, become a sperm donor?
(05-21-2018, 08:43 AM)Markin Wrote:

Boom!
If you have the time and a can do attitude. You never know, you could get it started and then hire someone to carry it on and have your own business on the side.

(05-21-2018, 08:45 AM)Tom_W88 Wrote: if your UK based, become a sperm donor?

ROFL
Donating sperm is what got us here in the first place. A minute in the hole is a lifetime in the courts.
(05-21-2018, 08:46 AM)Naive Wrote:

Boom!
If you have the time and a can do attitude. You never know, you could get it started and then hire someone to carry it on and have your own business on the side.

ROFL
Donating sperm is what got us here in the first place. A minute in the hole is a lifetime in the courts.

I had thought about donating sperm, and to be honest 6 years ago when trying to conceive with my Ex the sperm count was exceptional according to the Doctors. But not sure I like the idea of little me´s running around that I would never get to meet.

As for carpet cleaning, just printed some flyers to post in my building (9 floors with 5 flats per floor). Try there and see if there are any takers.

Boom!

ROFL

Not at all.  Helping out those who can't have kids themselves.

Get paid for it, you have no attachment to it at all. 

Yes the child at 18 can find you but that's it.

(05-21-2018, 08:57 AM)Markin Wrote:

Boom!

ROFL

I had thought about donating sperm, and to be honest 6 years ago when trying to conceive with my Ex the sperm count was exceptional according to the Doctors. But not sure I like the idea of little me´s running around that I would never get to meet.

As for carpet cleaning, just printed some flyers to post in my building (9 floors with 5 flats per floor). Try there and see if there are any takers.

you should at least look at it.

I will of earnt over a £1000 by the end of it, and i originally started it whilst with my ex.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas for short break with kids? DMC 13 2,627 12-01-2018, 11:44 PM
Last Post: andynumpty
  Ideas for things to do with your kids.... Spigot58 5 2,831 06-17-2018, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Spigot58