Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
contact center blues,
i see my baby every 2 weeks unleess shes,, a tummy bug? or the center closes, due to bad weather, ??????? and i love seeing her little face, summers here,, and im stuck in this , boring, place , playing trying to be the best dad i can be,, enjoying every second with her,, and then shes gone,,, and that hurts,,,, somtimes as now ive got to wait one month, to see her, and a month seems a looooooooong time, its just,,, xxxxxxx Huh
Hi Avadad

I’m in the minority on this site in that I’m a mom and nan that found the site when I was looking for information to help my son when he was trying to maintain a relationship with his son.

Sad to say I haven’t seen my now 4-year-old grandson for a year now – even though my son has a court order. I understand how it is for you and I hope that you will keep on keeping on in your efforts to maintain a relationship with your daughter. This site is in inspiration, and I wish I’d have found it sooner.
(05-22-2018, 09:22 PM)avadad Wrote: i see my baby every 2 weeks unleess shes,, a tummy bug? or the center closes, due to bad weather, ??????? and i love seeing her little face, summers here,, and im stuck in this , boring, place , playing trying to be the best dad i can be,, enjoying every second with her,, and then shes gone,,, and that hurts,,,, somtimes as now ive got to wait one month, to see her, and a month seems a looooooooong time, its just,,, xxxxxxx Huh

Hi mate, chin up, its hard i know i get the same thing even though i dont have to go as long without seeing my daughter. Its annoying as hell that even though i know the centres have no power over making contact happen (maybe they should) they pussy foot around mother and she is basically allowed to continue to decide if she can or even wants to turn up. They should be telling the mother it needs to happen and that if she doesnt turn up she needs to make up the time. My ex has now delayed the start of contact for 2 weeks and then tried to make out it all happened 2 weeks later so it didnt happen, then has missed 2 sessions because she says our daughter is ill. Now she has resorted to i have plans and will not be attending and thinks if she offers me a time i can not make thats all she has to do. I will now not see my daughter for 2 weeks but luckily i have a final hearing in 9 days. 

It drives me insane that no one says anything to them and they are allowed to continue to get away with it and because of this they continue to think that they are in control and they decide everything. If they decide they have plans or they feel that the child is too ill to see you then it is fine. So basically it all continues in the same vain, if and when they decide to let you see your daughter. The way it is all dealt with is wrong and the reasons you are in court in the first place just continue. 

The other thing is, the whole system is a bit hit and miss, its all based on opinions, right or wrong. Take your case and mine. My cafcass officer specifically put in the section 7 report that seeing the child twice a month (thats if it doesnt get cancelled) is not enough and should have contact at least once a week and more if it can be arranged. It will only benefit the child and the relationship the more contact there is. Yet you are stuck with the exact opposite to what he said. This best interests of the child rubbish is just a cover for them to hide behind so they dont put their necks on the line. I think i got pretty lucky with my cafcass officer because whatever he put in the report the courts were going to follow.  

So where are you at now with court and that?
well after supervised,, every detail watched and wrote about,? every hicup, all ok, then went ,, out in the town, again,, supervised,, now back in contact center, untill, i go back to court, dredding it mate tbh, doing this obn own, all the way