Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Private Arrangements
Hi there

I am going to be moved from CSA to the new scheme (CMO) at the end of this month. With this in mind the PWC and myself have agreed to put in place a private arrangement instead where I will now pay by DD or SO each month without having to use the CSA.
With this in mind I just wanted to check if there is anything I need to do/be aware of. I have read about horror stories where the NRP and PWC have used this method of payment and after a while the PWC has gone back to the CSA who have then stated that there was non payment even though payments had been made with huge arrears being owed! Is there anyway to safeguard this process? I have detailed and saved messages to confirm the new arrangement plus I will mark the new DD/SO as 'Child Maintenance'. I guess I just need reassurance as I don't want to fall into difficulties further on down the line.

Many thanks!
(08-13-2016, 09:42 AM)ddwales Wrote: Hi there

I am going to be moved from CSA to the new scheme (CMO) at the end of this month. With this in mind the PWC and myself have agreed to put in place a private arrangement instead where I will now pay by DD or SO each month without having to use the CSA.
With this in mind I just wanted to check if there is anything I need to do/be aware of. I have read about horror stories where the NRP and PWC have used this method of payment and after a while the PWC has gone back to the CSA who have then stated that there was non payment even though payments had been made with huge arrears being owed! Is there anyway to safeguard this process? I have detailed and saved messages to confirm the new arrangement plus I will mark the new DD/SO as 'Child Maintenance'. I guess I just need reassurance as I don't want to fall into difficulties further on down the line.

Many thanks!

Make the payments in a way you can prove. Bank Transfer is best, or by Standing Order.  Any extra payments you make (if you decide to), do as a separate transaction.

You need to state when payments will end. In a CM'S case, its when Child Benefit ends , what will be the summer after 16th birthday, unless the "Education Run On" is allowed, when it will be when

1, the course ends
2, the summer after 19th birthday
3, if the course is not "Approved"
4, if normal hours in term time reduce to below 12
5, if the young person starts to work 24 hours or more in term time, or moves out resulting in a claim for state benefits in their own right.

You need to have review clause, when the consider facts change, what are currently
Income
Number of dependent children you or any new partner have
Number of nights staying contact.

With regard to claims of none payment, CMS can only enforce payment from date of instruction, and should a claim be made, anything paid between that date and them informing you of their involvement would be considered as early payment of your first instalment (or more if higher than the amount), once the amount is known.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Private pension and cms sandman 2 716 07-31-2019, 07:52 AM
Last Post: sandman
  Private agreement on CM for 7 years but now ex wants more sjc85 6 3,071 02-19-2018, 10:26 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  Private School Fees - ex pays little I pay a lot, can it stop willburr 1 1,073 12-08-2017, 02:21 PM
Last Post: LTCDAD