Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking 16 year abroad
Hi

I am planning on taking my 16 year old son( nearly 17 ) and his brother (21 years old ) abroad and wanted to know if I needed to give ex flight details etc. she has asked for info.  The two boys live with me and we both have parental reponsabiltiy although I am the primary carer. there are no court orders in place they just do not want to live with her
(06-07-2018, 07:36 PM)steph1234 Wrote: Hi

I am planning on taking my 16 year old son( nearly 17 ) and his brother (21 years old ) abroad and wanted to know if I needed to give ex flight details etc. she has asked for info.  The two boys live with me and we both have parental reponsabiltiy although I am the primary carer. there are no court orders in place they just do not want to live with her

Child Arrangement Orders Expire on the 16th Birthday.

That means it is their decision on what time they spend with anyone.

A 16 year old can legally board a flight on their own, without an adult. However, only someone over 18 can supervise anyone on a flight under 16.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What to do to prevent ex from taking daughter to live abroad DevotedDad 3 5,928 04-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Last Post: DevotedDad
  taking my children abroad daveyboygreen 3 6,334 10-14-2016, 03:14 PM
Last Post: MarkR