Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Contact with Absent child
Hi just trying to get some advice for someone I know. He has been estranged from his daughter for 5 years as he was going through some mental health issues. She is 10 and he would like to begin the process of trying to get some sort of contact sorted.

His ex partner took out restraining order so he can't contact her directly however guardianship of the daughter was taken from.the mother and given to the mothers sister due to safeguarding issues and DV towards the daughter. My mate doesn't know where the aunt lives or her number so he is unable to write her a letter or inform her he would like to begin some sort of contact. How would he go about getting that ball rolling? I thought he'd have to do Mediation but as he doesn't have contact details for the new guardian how would that work? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)