Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First court case in a few weeks - nervous
I'm starting to really worry about it now. 

It was awful the first few weeks of divorce, felt that I have recovered well but I'm starting to get nervous again. from everything I have been told my understanding of the financial side of divorce is it's supposed to be very emotionless. You tot up the core financial data, the judge considers children and he makes a decision. 

The problem is my horrendous ex just gas lights, lies and dramatises everything. She is trying to self represent. She's been through two solicitors already. I suspect she binned them because 1) she doesn't like to be told things she doesn't like and 2) she's probably not confident of being able to remain in the house, has figured why bother with a solicitor anyway, opts to self represent and gamble on court and drag out the entire affair. 

Her first form E was a ten volumed bible of crap containing ridiculous innuendo to which my solicitor simply rolled her eyes at and commented should a judge see this have the same response. You can't communicate with her, she's manipulative, gas lights and is clearly desperate to paint a picture of me and my solicitor not communicating with her at all,. I can hear the googled buzzwords already of financial abuse, not being amicable, ...etc. it'll be down to my barrister to drive the hearing. i'm trying to pre warn my solicitor about this already so hopefully she is on the ball.  

My ex is just so all over the place it's unreal but ultimately I'm banking on a judge cutting though her bull. 

You can communicate with someone lashing out any which way they can in some sheer desperation to continue living in a house she can't afford, is far in excess of her needs and beyond her means to buy me out. I'm assuming judges are usually experienced enough to see through the bull. 
My solicitor's opinion is the realistic scenario of the house selling and the judge telling us both to go rent but getting to that point is going to be hell, let alone then having a working parental relationship with her afterwards. 

She's a total lunatic.
(06-13-2018, 11:22 AM)beehive84 Wrote: She's a total lunatic.

Did we marry the same woman???
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
From my own experience of the financial side of divorce, I agree that it is very emotionless. A stern face judge took no sh*t and said exactly what he thought and reprimanded the solicitors if he didn't think they were doing their job correctly. My ex said she needed £4k a month in her Form-E just to survive on the basics. We've never earned that together.

The judge will cut through the bullshit straight away I suspect! If only the same applied in the family court for child access :-(
(06-13-2018, 12:03 PM)invisibleintellectual Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 11:22 AM)beehive84 Wrote: She's a total lunatic.

Did we marry the same woman???

I've said it before on here but re-retrospectively speaking she displays the classic tell tale signs of BPD. Personally I think people who lash out the way my ex does should require a judge to have her assessed. Yet social services and judges simply seem to entertain these narcissistic fairys.  
How can someone showing classic self destructive tendencies be expected to raise a child correctly is beyond me.  

My solicitor has allayed some of my fears but i'm beginning to see my mediators point about the house and financials being the least of my worries. 

If at the end of this road the house does sell I may as well paint a bullseye at the back of my head and kiss goodbye to a reasonable relationship with my daughter.