Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpful
I found this article helpful seems like there are a lot of narcissists out there.

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/h...ssist/all/
covers a lot of the nutters
I think this information is really useful for a lot of dads on this forum.

I didn't know what a narcissist was until about 6 months ago. I assumed it was someone who just loved themselves.

Generally, if you're having problems with you ex, it's because she's hurting or angry or a host of other reasons. I'm told if ex's are normal (if there is a normal), things will settle down after a period of time once their emotions change. However, narcissists won't stop trying to destroy you. Over the last 6 months, I've learnt things about 'love bombing', 'gas lighting', 'smear campaigns' and 'narcissist supply'. Everything has become so clear about my relationship with my ex and the fact that she see's me as a supply (object) only. I've learnt to understand why she does what she does and it has really helped me to move on. I recommend researching if you're having similar issues.
Mine is definitely one. Everything is black and white. Her motto is "it's my way or the highway" which is typical in these personality disorders apparently. She has delusions of grandeur. And is verbally abusive - to everyone. Which is why i didn't marry her - only dated for a few weeks. She told me she was infertile!
My ex used to say "fall in or f*ck off"

So I f*cked off and couldn't be happier
(06-14-2018, 11:25 PM)Charlie7000 Wrote: Mine is definitely one.  Everything is black and white.  Her motto is "it's my way or the highway" which is typical in these personality disorders apparently.  She has delusions of grandeur.  And is verbally abusive - to everyone.  Which is why i didn't marry her - only dated for a few weeks.  She told me she was infertile!

OMG - similar to this:-

Mine - dated for a few weeks. Told me she was on the pill and I didn't need to use condoms (shes a nurse) within 2 1/2 months she was pregnant. Get this she was on prescription medication and never told me.

After leaving her I went back to build a life with her for my son. She then exploited the fact I wanted a family and we tried for another. Miscarriage, then 5 weeks later whilst was still grieving she told me if you don't make me pregnant our relationship is over. So guess what I did.

She wanted marriage, but my gut instinct said you would be mental. So I didn't. One day out of the blue she announces she's had enough the relationship is rubbish and over. Then two months after leaving me has a new man. Hand picked, money, a lot older, grown up children, readily positioned to replace me.