Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School parent app denied access
Hi I am a dad with parental responsibility, daughter secondary school has introduced a parent app called SIMS parent.this contains school info but also info that school holds about daughter such as addresses, contacts and medical info. Resident mother has full access to view and edit info.i have been given no access with school saying rules say for access child has to live with me 50% of time. I have asked for read access as I don't need to edit. Do you think I should have right to also see the same information that resident parent can see?
(06-14-2018, 04:59 PM)Mike1983 Wrote: Hi I am a dad with parental responsibility, daughter secondary school has introduced a parent app called SIMS parent.this contains school info but also info that school holds about daughter such as addresses, contacts and medical info. Resident mother has full access to view and edit info.i have been given no access with school saying rules say for access child has to live with me 50% of time. I have asked for read access as I don't need to edit. Do you think I should have right to also see the same information that resident parent can see?

You have PR you have as much right as the mother. The school as per do not know the law and are making up what they think it is. You have PR it doesnt matter if the child doesnt stay with you even 1 night a week. I would write the head teacher a letter telling them this, they have no right to not let you see that information.
Capita SIMS has multiple viewrules in it so there is no way you shouldn't be able to have some form of access
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
What about the legal regulations http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/...ion/5/made
It says these only apply to maintained schools and does not include academies. The ICO website also says that in relation to certain information that academies have no legal obligation to provide access to certain information. https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/sch...upils-info, but then when you read some latest guidelines sent to all schools -https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dealing-with-issues-relating-to-parental-responsibility this seems to say that they should provide information. I don't know why there has to be differentiation between school type - any parent any school should get same information.
The school is wrong. If you have parental responsibility you have a right to participate in decisions about a child's education and receive information about the child. The information about academies relates to provision of data in general, not to one parent or the other having the right to receive the information. You have equal rights to access information on the Sims app and it's easily set up for different logins for individual parents.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New School denying access breath2k 8 1,724 12-04-2017, 08:22 AM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  access to school photos and school reports Monners 6 1,479 11-18-2017, 07:42 PM
Last Post: Monners
Exclamation Urgent help- access denied CurtDad 18 4,462 08-24-2017, 08:56 PM
Last Post: CurtDad
  Access to School info Russell1972 12 5,255 11-19-2016, 04:00 PM
Last Post: NewHill123