Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status quo?
Everywhere I'm hearing about this status quo can anyone tell me if I'm seeing my son 2 nights a week around 52 hours and I'm subjected to manipulations abuse threats I won't see my son again if I tomorrow took him and didn't return to her after overnight stay and wait for her to go court would then new status quo count meaning I can keep my son because it's his new routine? He is 3.5 yo going childminder not school yet. Or they would simply scrutinise me for doing it and return my son to her giving me supervised visits?
Your opening a can of worms doing this, as you have no agreement, TECHNICALLY you are doing nothing wrong - as your both on the same legal standing, this isnt the same as MORALLY wrong - the courts may see it differently - I would always counsel against this.
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Thanks how about if am stopped from seeing him and on my day we informally agreed I pick him up without her consent and return him as normal the next day? Would this still be seen as bad? I'm missing my son and why on earth I'm stopped from seeing him for nothing only because someone is emotinaly unstable?
As I stated as you both have PR, and with the lack of a court order, your on the same legal standing. If you have nothing in writing from her (text, email, etc), then you could be seen to be trying to be difficult

The courts want parents to try and work things out between themselves
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I completely understand all your frustrations and logical points and have read your other posts. But it's in a legal realm now as you're separated parents and unfortunately a large chunk of society thinks "children belong with Mothers" and if a Mother takes a child people won't do much and it's up to the Dad to apply to court. If a Dad takes a child you'll have the police on your doorstep and be accused of all sorts.

It needs a step back - accept the situation - which is different from a normal couple and family that live together. And having to jump through hoops and play the game to get a formal document for when your kids are with you. Someone on here once also said "possession is 9/10ths of the law" - she has possession right now. If you tried to take that possession there would be uproar.
Thanks guys

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EX USING MY IMMIGRATION STATUS AGAINST ME IN COURT bianworld 3 1,246 10-16-2018, 05:14 AM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual