Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex moving further away
Email sent. Need a reply before applying for prohibited steps order so I can show she intends to move his school. Looks like I'll be having another big court case coming up - only just getting over the last one! And son was just starting to be happy and relaxed again recently - no doubt why she wants to disrupt that.
These continual court cases drain me ..... and my wallet
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Had a reply as expected - rude and not much information but does confirm if she moves further away she is saying son will have to move schools. I was told that was the info I needed in writing to either enforce specific issues order on schooling and/or apply for prohibited steps - not sure if i can do both or if there's much point doing both. Also can't face more legal bills. It's almost as if she has been pushing me to go back to court over something. I suspect she wants son to be questioned now he's 10 and he'll say what she tells him - he's terrified of her. He knows something is going on and was very clingy yesterday.
In my experience the courts will just let the mother move irrespective - your only delaying it
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
OK - I see what you're all saying. They might balance the upheaval of moving to a new school and away from familiarity, with the upheaval of a change of "main" residence - and the attitude is usually the child should be with the Mother. But if i don't do anything I'll lose him to alienation - it's been push me pull you on that for over a year. Every time she senses it's not working she steps it up. A combination of distance and less time and it would be complete and he'd then refuse to see me anyway. I have seen my great little son turn into a hostile hating monster at times over the last year with it - and it's only the regular contact recently that has helped get him back to normal.

So I have to have a go - thinking of getting the barrister who knows the case to do a position statement for prohibited steps order - and going for residency. The idea of him being too far away and left with an abuser is not an option. What I'm not clear on is whether you can apply for residency and a prohibited steps order at the same time.

There are cases of residency being transferred to the Father when the Mother's move is shown as malicious.
At the very least, if you apply for a prohibited steps order, the process can buy you enough time to look for another job in the town your ex decides to move to. It's not an ideal plan B, but a plan B nonetheless.

-FYI, I have to consider that this situation will raise its ugly head at me in a couple of years, except STBX is likely to move to another country.
Thinking positive

http://www.marilynstowe.co.uk/2013/09/13...h-reveals/
Abuser? Need help wih Sarah's Law? PM me
Cheers Proud Dad but I'm tied workwise - self employed rurally. Invisible - Abuser as in ex! Alienation is abuse isn't it. And she's at it constantly rubbishing everything about me, my home, our activities, his toys here. Thankfully she puts some of it in writing.

Just been filling out the C100. Had some legal advice and was told could apply for an urgent ex parte Prohibited steps order - at least initially. Has anyone done one? I don't know what to tick under 3c - Urgency. Only options possibly relevant are "a risk of harm to a child" or "unreasonable hardship to a prospective applicant". Wondering if that means life and death harm or if being moved away without me knowing could be classed as harm. Not quite sure what unreasonable hardship means either but it's probably more relevant.

The more I think about it the more I'm doing the right thing - for now anyway. Remembering this time last year where she gave me a few hours notice of leaving the country for 3 weeks during term time just before Father's Day. No doubt has a similar trick up her sleeve this time. The first I'd know about a move would be when it's already happened.
I applied for urgent prohibitive steps order to stop ex moving relocating child 150 miles away. I think we ticked both those boxes. First hearing was scheduled in two days time. Went there and found ex had made counter application for a specific issue and child arrangement order.

Prohibitive order was granted until final hearing two months later. Both applications were combined into one child arrangement/ relocation case.

Of course mother was allowed to take the child away.

Although her intention were not mallicious (just incredibly selfish). If and a big if you can prove her intentions are not genuine then there is some hope.