Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do I need a lawyer or can I represent myself?
So my oldest daughter the mum has stopped me seeing her as she is playing happy family's with some other guy. I haven't seen her in a year and a half which is disgusting. I've tried everything. I am on the birth certificate and we did mediation a few years ago but she cancelled it straight away. Not worth the paper it's written on. She moved without telling me and doesn't tell me anything. I have to try mediation first before court which I am which I know she won't attend. So it will go to court. Do I need a lawyer for this or can I do it myself. I just want access to her and not full custody. It's way more affordable if do it myself. Have no criminal record and have my youngest daughter's a lot no issues. Any advice is welcomed.
Invite mother to mediation again
When she refuses to do so get the mediator to sign your C100
File it at court
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Hi. I just moved your thread here so you'll get more response and because the other section was for results of cases :-)
I've just been through this mate and my honest advice is just to do it yourself by researching and asking questions on this forum. I've wasted 20k and in 15 months I'm no nearer having more access with my kids. If you need any advice and any stage, I'm happy for you to PM me.
If funds are tight, DIY for the first hearing or two, might be worth getting a barrister for any final hearing.
i would self represent, sometimes it helps to get a solicitor /barrister just before final hearing if you feel the need for one.
It will also depend on age of your child and circumstances what access you would get. how old is your child you are trying to see?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I self represent following breach of final contact order? henryho 11 4,209 07-07-2018, 10:26 PM
Last Post: Bluebear
  Legality of a lawyer's letter AussieCol 6 7,445 03-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Last Post: MarkR