Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court Update
Hi guys, so I've basically got court on the 30th of this month for my first hearing after nearly 2 months waiting. Just wanted a bit of advice if possible. I was going to have a Barrister to represent but I bumped into my ex at the contact centre I'm currently in and she has told me that she wants to resolve things at our first hearing as I think she's struggling to find things and she knows there's no valid reason as to why she stopped contact. She told me that she has a barrister and I told her that i do too and we can sort things out on the 30th. So in the meantime I've thought to myself to save myself £500 which is the cost of my barrister just for the day why don't I just write up my proposals and take them myself and deal directly with her barrister. Do you guys think this is as wise move or not? Also I only have copies of all the relevant information like previous orders and social services letters as my solicitor has the originals and won't release them unless I pay them which I intend on doing after the first hearing. Would I be OK to take the copies? And surely my ex will have most of the documents anyway? Like I say i think she waving the white flag and I genuinely think she had enough too and just wants to be sorted. So o was just thinking of taking all the copies of my relevant stuff and writing up a proposal of contact that id like and then thrash things out with the her barrister who can hopefully assist in writing the order. What do you guys think? I've just spent so much already if I can save some money now I think it has to be worth a shot. Thanks Adam.
(08-18-2016, 07:52 PM)ST4N80 Wrote: Hi guys, so I've basically got court on the 30th of this month for my first hearing after nearly 2 months waiting. Just wanted a bit of advice if possible. I was going to have a Barrister to represent but I bumped into my ex at the contact centre I'm currently in and she has told me that she wants to resolve things at our first hearing as I think she's struggling to find things and she knows there's no valid reason as to why she stopped contact. She told me that she has a barrister and I told her that i do too and we can sort things out on the 30th. So in the meantime I've thought to myself to save myself £500 which is the cost of my barrister just for the day why don't I just write up my proposals and take them myself and deal directly with her barrister. Do you guys think this is as wise move or not? Also I only have copies of all the relevant information like previous orders and social services letters as my solicitor has the originals and won't release them unless I pay them which I intend on doing after the first hearing. Would I be OK to take the copies? And surely my ex will have most of the documents anyway? Like I say i think she waving the white flag and I genuinely think she had enough too and just wants to be sorted. So o was just thinking of taking all the copies of my relevant stuff and writing up a proposal of contact that id like and then thrash things out with the her barrister who can hopefully assist in writing the order. What do you guys think? I've just spent so much already if I can save  some money now I think it has to be worth a shot. Thanks Adam.

This might be a tick so your not represented at court.

I would contact your Barister, and inform them a deal can be done, and get him/her to draw it up, or check it if she does. Only at that point, if they are happy with it, would I stand them down.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.
Agreed with MarkR

However you still can go to court without the barrister saving £500, and raise this issue in court about the white flag waving from partner side and if she really meant what she said then she won't deny it and you'll also have the court as witness to the fact.

This way you won't miss your hearing and also confirm if the partner was playing you or not? Once you know the true intentions then I am sure it will help resolve any contact issues.
Two birds with one stone..
What about the issue of only having copies of the relevant stuff as my Solictor won't let me have originals until I pay her. Thanks for the advice guys
(08-19-2016, 02:03 PM)ST4N80 Wrote: What about the issue of only having copies of the relevant stuff as my Solictor won't let me have originals until I pay her. Thanks for the advice guys

The issue between you and the Solicitor is outside of this forums remit.

The Legal Services Commission will be able to advise you regarding this, but I have a feeling you will need to write to the Partner in change of Client Complaints before they will deal with any complaint.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Update Charlie7000 1 330 11-06-2019, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Astroman
  Just had CAFCASS interview, update Naive 30 14,487 02-26-2018, 10:33 PM
Last Post: ruinedslowly
  Hearing Update Whatola 2 1,605 11-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Last Post: scottb