Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GPS/Recording Device
Hi Everyone, 

Not been on in ages as things were going ok up until the last contact.

I was putting on my LO's jacket and I felt something hard in one of the pockets, just assumed it was a little purse or some money. so I went to open it but it was sewn up! 

The CAO says unsupervised and due to the mother messing about she restricted us to a certain place for a few hours which breaches this, her solicitor said if we leave this area then contact would be stopped but how would they know as they drove off. 

This to me felt like a GPS/Recording device and was the size of 2 AA batteries, now there was no reason for this to be there or sewn up so I am 99% certain it was one of these devices.

Is this legal and what can I do about it?

Thanks
any device name, serial number or MAC address I can probably find out what it is who made it etc
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(07-01-2018, 07:49 PM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: any device name, serial number or MAC address I can probably find out what it is who made it etc

No, it was sewn in and I literally saw it at the very last minute or I would have took it out and investigated.

There is nothing else it could have been though.
If it is a recording device/GPS, don't reflexively approach your ex about this. Play her game and be the perfect dad (which I am sure you already are). At least you know her game. If she knows that you know, she'll stoop lower and may start directly using the child as a weapon.

Take care of yourself brother.
(07-01-2018, 08:57 PM)proud_dad Wrote: If it is a recording device/GPS, don't reflexively approach your ex about this. Play her game and be the perfect dad (which I am sure you already are). At least you know her game. If she knows that you know, she'll stoop lower and may start directly using the child as a weapon.

Take care of yourself brother.

There is no way I'm not going to let her know I know I am just going to leave it at mine when we go out as I have clothes for her here, in regards to her stooping lower and using the LO one a weapon...... too late she is already doing that  Sad Angry
I think that's illegal isn't it? Maybe you should point it out to someone official next time. I have the same thing - ex sends son with a smartphone (a special one just for coming here!) which she controls via an app. I tend to leave the radio on in the kitchen when it arrives and gets put down there as I wouldn't be surprised if she could listen in via it! All she gets is music :-)
Charlie does your router allow multiple ssid
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I don't know invisible -probably - it's a good router. Would that affect mobile broadband though?
Don’t let her know! You have the perfect way of going wherever you want now without her ever knowing!
Just about to post my question when I saw this thread.

So sitting down tonight watching TV I get a phone call from a a mobile number I don't recognise. Turns out it's my 5 year old son on his new smartwatch.....

Now I'm guessing if he can call on it will have GPS tracking built in too.

From what I can tell it's illegal if she doesn't mention it as it's an invasion of privacy and actually violates European human rights laws.... I imagine getting the police to do anything about it would be almost impossible though.

I mean he is 5. He has no idea about privacy or respecting people's boundries. I'm going to have to be the one to tell him he can't use it.

There is no way I am having her track me, potentially listen in to conversations and call him whenever she likes. It's my time and boundaries need to be respected!

To be clear she can and does call him, but if it's an inappropriate time (dinner, film, playing etc) then I ignore it and get him to call her back later.

I am dumbfounded that she thinks this is ok. I have contact tomorrow. It's going to be really interesting to see if she tells me about any gps functionality.