Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ex wife is 5 months pregnant - how could this affect my relationship with my children
Good to know thanks. Have asked my solicitor to look into anything pre emptive I can do as well
(07-05-2018, 04:45 PM)Tamagoto Wrote: Good to know thanks. Have asked my solicitor to look into anything pre emptive I can do as well

A thought from me is why did she feel the need to inform you about this, is that normal? I'd have thought it wouldn't be notified...?

Also - are you sure the lodger is the dad? If she likes having a relationship with more than one guy who knows who the dad is...? Just saying....

If the courts have agreed contact at 5/14 then are there set criteria for changing this? If she is having a baby she will want help with the kids so you have the possibly informal opportunity to up your time with them.

Good luck and let us know how it goes...
Thanks man - I presume she told me because otherwise the kids would have - what difference that makes I don't know! She said in the letter it was this other guy, dunno if that's the truth. She must have got pregnant at the time we were in court over custody I just figured out!

Changes to the agreement - no way of doing it other than agreement or court. I know the kids will want more as they get older and have offered, via my "Congratulations" reply from my solicitor, that I'd be happy to take the kids for more time, especially around the birth.

Thats then good footing to ask for more in a longer terms arrangement. I only ever want 6/8 to be honest, more would be too hard with work, but do want it to say "lives with both" if I can
cheers again