Poll: Am I in trouble?
Yes
No
Depends on the judge
No idea
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False allegations, alcohol testing, breach of agreements and Cafcass - feeling lost!
Bit of  a long story, but then again most stories on here are long and that doesn't seem to deter people from offering advice and support so here goes.

Myself and my ex split a while ago and there have been issues ever since, in the sense that she can't move on and wants me to suffer for leaving - a sentiment she has stated to myself and our two children (two girls one who is 4 and one is about to turn 7).

She has consistently accused me of being an alcoholic and stated that the children aren't safe when with me - but has allowed me to have the children 2 - 4 nights a week for the past 2 years.

We went to court last week who, as a result of her allegations of DV and my alcohol abuse have order a section 7 report, which I expected. We also agreed that I would see the children every Tuesday and Friday, picking up from school/nursery and dropping them off at school/nursery on Wednesdays and then at hers on Saturdays - I was happy with this in the short term as it meant almost no contact between us, but since then she's constantly picking the kids up before me or insisting I drop them off with her before school, which I've emailed Cafcass to ask for advice, but they've not replied. 

My ex also has asked for me to do a hair strand test, which I agreed to, and in the future will likely ask for a liver function test.

I'm worried about the hair strand test as it shows an average and when I don't have the children I tend to binge drink/social drink and considering at the moment she's reduced my contact to two nights a week then my drinking is more than average. That being said, I never drink when I have the children.

I'm really worried that the results aren't going to go in my favour and that my ex will falsely use any positives to support her case, which at the minute looks flimsy to Cafcass, my solicitor and the courts. How do I prove that I don't drink when I have the kids - she wants me to go to her house and do a breathalyser but as I have been a victim of domestic abuse from her and also been consistently accused of the same, then I want to limit my contact with her to an absolute minimum to avoid putting myself or my children at risk.

I did a Thriva blood test, following a birthday weekend, which wasn't the best idea. My results stated that my Gamma GT (GGT) levels were  132.0 IU/L and said: This level is slightly raised. Gamma GT (GGT) level is increased for several possible reasons. There are a number of conditions which might lead to an increased GGT, the most common of which is alcohol abuse. If you have been drinking heavily, you should reduce it now, as further drinking will harm you liver even further. However, it is also possible that you could have mild liver damage due to fatty liver disease. This will be due to your diet, and the condition can be reversed by improving your diet and levels of exercise.

This has me somewhat worried as I'm not sure if it's indicative that I'm going to fail the test and I'm also worried that it's a sign that my hair stand test is not going to go well either.

I'm a teacher, and spend all my week with children. I've never had a safeguarding issue raised against me and my ex's claims are entirely bogus, but these results and my work hard/play hard lifestyle has me worried that my ex's allegations are going to ring true - has anyone been through anything similar or can try and put me at ease. I'm obviously not going to drink between now and my test, but as it checks the last 3 months, I'm worried this may be too little too late.  I'm also worried that after checking, my hair gel, my body wash and shampoo all contain some form of alcohol/ethanol - could this be bad?

Thanks for taking the time to read this, if you've made it to the end - feeling stressed and alone so any advice/support would be greatly appreciated.
your case is like mine please PM me - i am off to bed now

to answer ...... no your not in trouble
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
The Alcohol/Ethanol in your hair products wont be a worry so forget about that.

I had a reading of 102 - and I still failed it (according to my ex, but then I would fail a urine test if she could accuse me of that)

With regards to your DV - has there been any police involvement?
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
No police involvement l. Her main argument is about the drinking. If you failed, does that mean I'm likely to or will the judge be more reasonable?
OK so the DV can be put down for a "Fact Of Finding" hearing if need be - this is for her to prove that it happened, you do not need to prove that it didnt.

I wouldnt worry about it - because I failed (which I technically didnt, my ex suddenly became a world leader in hair strand testing apparently). Depending on who you use they have different levels of pass/fail ...... as there has been no provable DV, etc (police, hospital records, etc), then your likely to have a Section 7 done.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cafcass/Hairstrand testing Levi_Saint 3 4,775 06-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Last Post: kettleman
  Drugs/Alchohol testing Hazy 0 1,352 03-20-2018, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Hazy
  feeling very lost and hurt Blackheath 6 4,400 03-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual
  Agreements/legally binding/court order Naive 4 3,855 01-25-2018, 02:01 PM
Last Post: invisibleintellectual
  Conduct agreements in mediation Naive 3 3,432 11-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Tamagoto
Sad Drugs & alcohol!! jrourke93 9 6,758 11-07-2017, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tamagoto
  False allegations child contact samim1919 3 3,694 05-13-2017, 01:48 PM
Last Post: samim1919
  Time schedule examples of 50/50 shared care agreements mcnl 1 2,501 03-21-2017, 08:34 AM
Last Post: LTCDAD
  False allegations of domestic abuse Chisvo 1 3,201 11-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MarkR
  False allegations / deny of access to my children mickmouse 1 3,597 08-24-2016, 09:21 AM
Last Post: MarkR