Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is going to happen next?
Hello,

Sorry to post again.

So as said previously my son is point blank refusing to see his dad due to verbal abuse. 

He hurt himself at school the other day so I let his dad know and asked him if he wanted to pop up to my home and see him. It took 20 minutes but I convinced my son to come outside and he agreed he would speak to his dad at the end of the driveway. His dad had sent a text saying send him out and I said he would need to come to the end of the driveway as agreed.

He came down and just said get in the car, my son said no, he wanted to speak at the front of the house where he felt safe, he repeated get in the car now I want to speak to you there and my son said no and walked into my house.

I called his dad to wait I would try and get him out again but he stormed off. 10 minutes later his gf messaged me saying I needed to teach 'that little s**t some manners* and learn how to f*****g parent.

He is now saying he is going to court for parental alienation even though I am not stopping any access. Short of physically assaulting my son I cannot get him out of the house- he is nearly as tall as me.

What will happen next?

Will they at least speak to my son so that they can see I have done nothing but encourage a relationship between them or will they just go on what his dad is saying?

And what happens when I stand in court say I am happy for access but my son still refuses to go? Do i get in trouble or do I have to physically drag him out of his room to get in his dads car?

Thanks.
How old is your son?
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
11 about to turn 12
I have just looked at your other thread, your son is 12 - if this went to court then CAFCASS would DEFINITELY take his views into consideration on their recommendation, I would start to keep a diary of whats happening along with dates and times, and also screen shot the text messages
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
and if they still advise contact? What will happen if my son still doesn't go even with something from the court in place?

It is so bad he locked himself in the bathroom last night while I was trying to get him to at least speak with him on the phone.
They cannot force your son to go to contact, if he is that scared then they will clearly not make him go. As I said - as he is 12ish - then he would definitely have input and if he stated that he didnt want to see his dad, then that is likely what they would recommend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  final hearing , whats going to happen avadad 2 2,132 05-30-2018, 09:27 PM
Last Post: avadad
  What will happen to me depressed dad 17 11,512 12-02-2017, 09:46 PM
Last Post: avadad
  What's likely to happen if I go to court? onechordwonder 6 9,552 04-26-2016, 11:12 AM
Last Post: Norfolk n Good