Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petty Messages
Hi All, 

I currently have on going court case, had first hearing where the judge has given me every Saturday 4 until 4 on the Sunday for 6 weeks when we have to go back.

My question to the forum is, is it best to just ignore petty messages that she texts or reply ? Example being i had my son out yesterday in the lovely weather, he had factor 50 on as did i, he was in and out the shade but still got a little bit of sun burn on his arms, i kept him out the sun as much as i could. She then texts today to say can i make sure i put cream on him in future as he is a bit burnt. 

As much as i would love to just ignore her does it look bad if i do ? This seems silly asking but i want to keep myself right, if responding what is the best way to word this without saying i am not stupid Sad
ignore them. I get these weekly and used to get very upset about the underhand accusations that I didn't care about my children etc.

No one will listen, but do what I didn't. Keep a diary so you have a record for yourself.
(07-09-2018, 10:06 AM)GC1974 Wrote: ignore them. I get these weekly and used to get very upset about the underhand accusations that I didn't care about my children etc.

No one will listen, but do what I didn't. Keep a diary so you have a record for yourself.

Does your ex just keep coming back constantly with things like that ?

Would it not look bad in court if she was raising 'concerns' and i was flat out ignoring them?
(07-09-2018, 10:13 AM)darren1587 Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:06 AM)GC1974 Wrote: ignore them. I get these weekly and used to get very upset about the underhand accusations that I didn't care about my children etc.

Would it not look bad in court if she was raising 'concerns' and i was flat out ignoring them?

but your not ignoring them though...……….

Imagine your a judge and you get all of this stuff to read...….. all they want to know if you want to see your children and have the means to do so.

Keep a log of this stuff. for reference,

If you respond to everyone one as I have been doing it gets silly and you just feel rubbish all the time if you overthink like I do.
(07-09-2018, 10:36 AM)GC1974 Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:13 AM)darren1587 Wrote:

but your not ignoring them though...……….

Imagine your a judge and you get all of this stuff to read...….. all they want to know if you want to see your children and have the means to do so.

Keep a log of this stuff. for reference,

If you respond to everyone one as I have been doing it gets silly and you just feel rubbish all the time if you overthink like I do.
You're right mate thanks for putting my mind at rest, i used to constantly argue back but don't see the point anymore it ain't worth the hassle. 

I have kept everything though although i don;t have confidence in the courts as when my lawyer sent all my evidence and texts to the court for the first hearing the court admitted they had lost them !
they way I see it getting petty makes you look not focused on your children more like hatred of ex drives everything. Although I haven't been to court yet (but expect to) I have had her do everything from - write in their school reading books that Im not doing homework and reading...……. (not always possible - I spoke to their teachers and was told don't worry we can see whats being done), I have had her send me a photo of a bruise he had following a fall whilst playing in my care stating this happened in your care and you must notify the school etc etc (I rang his teacher and they said don't worry kids are kids), I have messages about failing to pay maintenance (when its on a standing order), messages about changing access and not assisting her with work (I work full time she works a bit her and there and sets her week up around seeing the boyfriend). I get messages about sports clubs implying I don't contribute enough (maintenance, plus pay for all karate kit etc and football clothes - receipts prove it).

They are all the same mate - nutters.
(07-09-2018, 10:56 AM)GC1974 Wrote: they way I see it getting petty makes you look not focused on your children more like hatred of ex drives everything. Although I haven't been to court yet (but expect to) I have had her do everything from - write in their school reading books that Im not doing homework and reading...……. (not always possible - I spoke to their teachers and was told don't worry we can see whats being done), I have had her send me a photo of a bruise he had following a fall whilst playing in my care stating this happened in your care and you must notify the school etc etc (I rang his teacher and they said don't worry kids are kids), I have messages about failing to pay maintenance (when its on a standing order), messages about changing  access and not assisting her with work (I work full time she works a bit her and there and sets her week up around seeing the boyfriend). I get messages about sports clubs implying I don't contribute enough (maintenance, plus pay for all karate kit etc and football clothes - receipts prove it).

They are all the same mate - nutters.

God sake mate ! She sounds like a cracker!
A cheese cracker ha ha .
(07-09-2018, 11:38 AM)lester Wrote: A cheese cracker ha ha .

haha they are mate !
and heres another cracker everyone - shes been going on about being skint and not having enough money for shoes etc. and let slip two days ago she now gets a low income grant for their school clothes!

Low income grant - I gave her £33,000,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  mother not responding to messages dad2000 12 1,381 09-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Are text messages useful? Marky207 3 1,042 04-24-2019, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Text messages as proof in Court SF79 11 3,856 03-19-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Naive
  Text messages as evidence Dadhl 4 3,344 03-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Last Post: Patrick C