Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sad about coming court case
have little contact with my 6 month old (I have two other 17,16 from my wife of 15 years who died) as ex cut contact due to my work pattern down to 6 hours per week including a 200 mile round trip anyway I arranged mediation which she didn't attend then submitted a c100 form to have proper and regular access including overnight stays as 6 month old is a 2 hour commute. In the meantime I have mentioned about a dog (bull type breed) who also resides there and a catalogue of events involving a violent elder brother (towards his my/my ex assault and damaging house) all backed up by police and social services and even my exes dad and another of her children who is on social service radar due to ?accidental overdose a year ago pls known to police for not coming home from school several times until midnight sometimes even next day, plus my 6 month old came several weeks ago with a bruised leg however when I enquired about how it happened the responses all centred around money. I had to ask three times and in the end I was told it happened on a high chair. I was advised that a c1a form should be completed too due to domestic violence but I just feel so sad but somehow it must be right for my little ones safety? Really need some assurance one way or another please everyone Ive never really felt this low but deep down I need to do whats right

Thanks everybody
I don't have a lot of advice, but any bruising in a non mobile baby should now be investigated. I would report this to social services as a concern. Did you take pictures?
I didn't take a photo as I believe an accident can happen however I text her to say that the next bruise would be reported to social services she did however agree that the bruise was there and it was seen by both of my daughters
Be careful when reporting bruises , they like to turn around and then say its actually you as a way of preventing access. keep a log of it but be carefull before you decide to report
Kids 1st 100%. Don’t worry about anyone else’s feelings including your own just follow things up until they get sick of you and take action never give up. Never surrender. It’ll all be ok if you do the right thing.
thanks so much everyone

(07-10-2018, 09:56 PM)warwickshire1 Wrote: Be careful when reporting bruises , they like to turn around and then say its actually you as a way of preventing access. keep a log of it but be carefull before you decide to report
not sure I understand?
I would report it to social services - he's only 6 months old. If he is with you, you could call them and ask them to come round and have a look. Always take a photograph and make a diary note. If he has gone back now too late to take a photograph. Child protection comes before fear of false accusations. Do you have the text/email conversation with your ex about it? If so you could send that to social services and express your concerns giving details of the other situations in the house. Who advised you to submit a C1A?