Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proof in court
I am currently setting up to apply for court to see my kids, over the last 6 months I have constantly been calling and texting my ex but had no answer except when she mistakenly answered my call from a different number. How do I proof this in court as I have no call log to show when and how often I tried calling. Is me writing down a list of dates and times going to be any good to me or is this not really taken as evidence?
If you made the call from your mobile there's a call log. You could sreenshot it. And texts will be in the text log.
You'd be better served with something in writing imo, at least via email but preferably from a solicitor.

Otherwise I would suspect your ex will say you were trying to harass her.
There is no process set up to contact the children so he hasn't harassed her. If she wants to claim harassment the question would be why she has declined to complain to the police about that.
(07-11-2018, 10:33 PM)Chi21965 Wrote: There is no process set up to contact the children so he hasn't harassed her. If she wants to claim harassment the question would be why she has declined to complain to the police about that.

Clearly she has ignored the OP's calls, which is why he has called from a different number. I'm simply stating the obvious playbook - if it was my ex I would expect her to do the same.
Calling from a different number can mean calling from a different mobile. As per the recommendation in the SIPP, I have one mobile for the children and the ex and a personal mobile.
Had decided after months of her not answering to use my mates phone, she answered first time and once I spoke she just kept saying hello as if I could not be heard.
Yeah she's difficult. Lots of them behave like that.
(07-11-2018, 10:46 PM)Bluebear Wrote: Had decided after months of her not answering to use my mates phone, she answered first time and once I spoke she just kept saying hello as if I could not be heard.

My strategy is it go through the courts and/or solicitors and writing, IMO direct action will only hurt you.

I know it's crap as I'm in a similar position, but long-term it will only help you. She will just claim some kind of harassment/intimidation/massive shock that you want to see your kids.

State your aims clearly, succinctly and in a conciliatory manner and ask her to reply within a reasonable set time period. This is a game.
Yes it is a game. All of those I've done too and even through solicitors she has still tried to stop me contacting her. But difficult to speak to your children directly when they are under 7. Right now the OP's actions are those of a desperate dad before he gets to court. Its understandable and excusable.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fact finding proof SF79 3 418 05-05-2018, 10:12 AM
Last Post: jono
  Text messages as proof in Court SF79 11 1,098 03-19-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Naive