Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Claire’s Law?
Hi all,

Just a quick question. As the father of my two sons I am looking to conduct safeguarding of my sons around my ex wifes’ new partner.
Now I have been told that Claire’s law helps with this as I can identify if he has any criminal background that could pose a risk to my sons.
However, reading up in the law it appears that it is only really for my ex or her new partner to use on each other to determine the others risk. But I want to do everything I can to ensure my sons safety around this man.

Given everything about my ex I wouldn’t ever trust her word that this guy is safe as she is quick to lie through her teeth about being the abuser in our relationship, even when confronted with evidence. So my lack of trust in her judgment, her words makes me want to do this in an official capacity for safeguarding reasons.

Thanks everyone for any advice.
Do you mean Sarah's Law where you can make an application to the police and they will tell you within 42 days if there are any concerns?
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
I was specifically told Claire’s Law. But I’ll read up on Sarah’s law.
I think Claires Law is the US version .....I know Sarah's Law is the UK version as I have been party to one being done
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
(08-06-2018, 07:00 PM)invisibleintellectual Wrote: I think Claires Law is the US version .....I know Sarah's Law is the UK version as I have been party to one being done
Clare's Law relates to domestic violence, Sarah's Law relates to child sex offenders...

Clare's Law:
"The Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme (DVDS) is often called ‘Clare’s Law’ after the landmark case that led to it. Clare’s Law gives any member of the public the right to ask the police if their partner may pose a risk to them. Under Clare’s Law, a member of the public can also make enquiries into the partner of a close friend or family member"

Clare's Law Information

Sarah's law:
"The Child Sex Offender Disclosure Scheme - The Scheme (also known as Sarah’s Law) is a formal way for members of the public to enquire whether an individual who has contact or potential contact with a child has a record of child sex offending and or poses a risk of harm to a child"

Sarah's Law information
Ah I wasnt aware - you learn something every day Big Grin