Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please help me work out a schedule?
Hi I work only three days per week although each is until 7pm my ex works 5 days but just till 5, anyway I am trying to work out a proposal for court re childcare in how many days each should enjoy our little one and her us. Please can anyone suggest a sensible plan my head is battered.

Thanks
How old is little one ? what days do you work? Are they the same?
If you work 3 days a week I'd ask for a midweek night on the days you don't work and every other week-end through to Sunday pm and half the school holidays if little one is at school - if not at school then same schedule all year round except for 2 x 1 week holiday periods in the summer. So for example if you work every Mon, Tues, Wed, ask for every Thurs from say 3pm through to Friday 6pm and every other week-end from Friday pm to Sunday pm. So

Week 1: Thurs from 3pm through to Friday 6pm
Week 2: Thurs from 3pm through to Sunday 6pm (that is your midweek night tacked on to your week-end).

The downside with that is you then go a whole week on alternate weeks without seeing her - whereas the other week you only go 3 or 4 days without seeing her. But I can't see a way round it if you work till 7pm as that would be around her bedtime so too late for an additional overnight.

The other option is to have every week-end but your ex might not agree to that.
(08-07-2018, 08:02 PM)tobyjuggler Wrote: Hi I work only three days per week although each is until 7pm my ex works 5 days but just till 5, anyway I am trying to work out a proposal for court re childcare in how many days each should enjoy our little one and her us. Please can anyone suggest a sensible plan my head is battered.

Thanks

As far as the law is concerned, whoever get Child Benefit has to arrange Child Care. If the law says they are entitled to any help with the cost of this, they get it in the form of either Working Tax Credit Child Care Element, or its considered on a Universal Credit Claim.

The other parent is under no legal obligation to contribute towards the cost of this, because in the case of Working Tax Credit, they pay 70% but the applicable amounts move for other benefits also, so its not even 30% they have to pay, and in the case of Universal Credit, its 80% what is considered. These calculations take into account their current household income, what is outside the control of the other parent.

In terms of contact, Courts split it up.
Care Time Monday -Thursday Term Time, its up to you to show that it is workable.
Quality Time, weekends and school holidays, you would get half.

A normal starting point is every other weekend, where that suits the avaliablity of the parnet who does not get Child Benefit. However, if your work comitments mean you need a rota over a different number of weeks, the court will go with that. Example, if your on a 7 week rolling rota, the contact arrangements would be over 7 weeks. You will only get half the weekends, until its by agreement.

Its normal for a rota to stop every school holiday, and carry on after it, but to run as if it never stopped, so it still matches your avalialbity.

You would get half the school holidays, but that would be 6.5 weeks a year, as you have

3 x 1 week half terms
Easter and Christmas, 2 weeks
Summer, 6 weeks

Where people work, the normal is to have a weekend at half term, 1 week at Easter and Christmas and 2 weeks (in a block so you can go on holidays) plus another weekend in the summer.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Changing to fixed schedule watsa64 1 2,618 09-17-2018, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Tamagoto
  Overnight contact schedule kettleman 11 11,566 05-18-2018, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Charlie7000
  Would you feel this is a fair contact schedule? asd1270 3 4,381 04-24-2018, 09:06 PM
  50/50 schedule bustr 4 5,071 04-03-2018, 05:23 PM
  Delayed Scott Schedule! jono 6 7,806 02-14-2018, 02:10 PM
Last Post: jono