Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
On the benefits of total separation from our ex partners
Kate

Years ago my ex came over as our younger son went of the rails a bit for a while. I think his gf had the same fear as you so she sent their eldest daughter when she was about 7 at the time over with him lol but there was no danger of anything happening at all.

Sometimes it’s easier to put an end to any amnosity you feel when they are not in your life anymore. If you reconcile it’s very likely that past issues will always be brought up from time to time
If you reconcile it’s very likely that past issues will always be brought up from time to time....I totally agree on this, from experience too, no matter what you say draw a line in the sand the past is ALWAYS brought up in arguments .... 5 years past and the same shit was getting flung at me .... it was a coffee after work in feb 2013 nothing else, but in the ex's "reality" it was a full on sexual relationship with nights out and everything in between, still is to this day LOL.....
(12-23-2018, 01:09 AM)pazzer1973 Wrote: If you reconcile it’s very likely that past issues will always be brought up from time to time...

My STBX used to refer to 'the museum tour' in arguments but that didn't stop her doing it. Completely unrelated stuff would be brought out to score back points if she thought she needed to. When we first broke up I was deeply shocked at the way she seemed to have been keeping score all along of all the good things she had done and the bad things I had done. The whole time of our marriage it never occurred to me to keep a score card.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  total waster nickcrossland 1 2,431 04-17-2016, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Norfolk n Good