Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving in with new partner
Hi everyone,

Just wondering when you all thibk is a good time to move in with your new partner? I have a fantastic relationship with her and her son, so much so that he accidentally called me Dad and tells me he loves me each time I see him.

Problem is I don’t know how moving could impact my legal aid, would they then work out my funding based on living with a new partner?

I’m ready to make the jump with living with my girlfriend, but just don’t want any repercussions in my CAO that I’m in the process of, or with my legal aid.

Any advice welcome
I would wait until the case is over in MY opinion ONLY - that way theres no mud to sling from your ex.

Whilst I have someone in my life (well, I think shes in my life, she is sometimes!), I get along brilliantly with her kid, but I made the mistake of disclosing to the ex - never again ......
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Yeah that is some solid advice there. I can already imagine the mud the ex will sling in my direction.
Invisi, could you elaborate on that, I am considering moving in with my partner although it wont be until next year for practical reasons.

What did your ex do when you told her? anything to worry about or avoid saying?
Put it like this ..... Myself and my lady are no longer together thanks to a lot of the crap that she stirred ..... I couldn't ask my lady to put up with that .... It was just horrific
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ex is being challenging about my partner moving in singledad83 4 864 05-25-2018, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Tom_W88
  Moving in with partner Proud dad 5 3,449 11-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Last Post: MarkR