Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What finger should I put my ring?
Got the nisi

What now?
What finger ?? how about none. Throw it, sell it, melt it. It has no meaning at all and is of no use to you
Hah!

yeh

But

It does have meaning
It affects my children too

Don't care about wealth. I am now divorce rinsed so a half k ring ultimately means little

Opposite finger?
Meaning in what way ? A reminder of a failed marriage ? Why would you want to wear a wedding band when you are no longer married ?

Here's a question, you are wearing your wedding band on your opposite finger whilst talking to a new woman you have just met or on a date with a woman and she notices and asks the question about it BUT before she has even asked the question she has decided that you are already married and are just out for some "extra curricular activity". Just a side thought thats all. The wearing of the ring could potentially stop you from moving forward with a new relationship.

How does wearing or not wearing a ring affect your children ? I'll pretty much guarantee they wouldn't even notice if you even had it on and will have no bearing on your relationship with them.
(08-13-2018, 01:15 AM)andysonofbob Wrote: Hah!

yeh

But

It does have meaning

Don't care about wealth.  I am now divorce rinsed so a half k ring ultimately means little

Opposite finger?

Dude - let it go, what next, ask where to keep the wedding photo album? 

One of the alerts my first girlfriend post divorce had with me was me knowing exactly where my wedding ring was, damn fool I am for giving her more reasons to think I was stuck in the past. In the end I gave it to my brother with the specific requirement to get as much cash as he could, take it holiday, buy some beer and send me a photo of him drinking the beer. Others would advocate throwing it in the garbage, for me it had cash value only and my brother was skint....
(08-14-2018, 11:15 AM)Mr Sandman Wrote:
(08-13-2018, 01:15 AM)andysonofbob Wrote: Hah!

yeh

But

It does have meaning

Don't care about wealth.  I am now divorce rinsed so a half k ring ultimately means little

Opposite finger?

Dude - let it go, what next, ask where to keep the wedding photo album? 

One of the alerts my first girlfriend post divorce had with me was me knowing exactly where my wedding ring was, damn fool I am for giving her more reasons to think I was stuck in the past. In the end I gave it to my brother with the specific requirement to get as much cash as he could, take it holiday, buy some beer and send me a photo of him drinking the beer. Others would advocate throwing it in the garbage, for me it had cash value only and my brother was skint....

Yeah mine was in my watch box for a bit then gave it to my mum as she works in a jewellers and told her to do what she wants with it. Think it got melted down but not even 100% sure if i am honest.

Certainly never had any intention of wearing it on any finger. it was off and i was back in the game lol
If the situation ever allows one day I'll quote ser barristan selmy from game of thrones, toss my ring at her feet and tell her to melt it down and add it to the others.
Christ man - sell that thing right now and spend the cash on coke and hookers. You have no reason to keep a reminder of a bad experience around other than you haven't mentally moved on.

1) move on
2) go to the nearest pawn shop, take whatever they offer you. go straight to the nearest place that sells the things you love and spend every penny there.

I took my kids to the pawn shop, told them what I was doing then we spent it all in Games Workshop.

Had a great day and felt brilliant Smile