Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Communication
Hi...Just after a bit of advice
My ex-partner & I are seperated...
She lives in Spain with my 2 boys (13 & 15) & I returned to the UK
I have been back 2 years now & my ex is making contact / communication with my children almost impossible
We are all UK citizens..
For the past 2 years the only way I get to see my children is by flying back to spain, which I try to do as often as possible but it is quite often 6-7 weeks at a time that I have to go without seeing them
I have had contact with them via wotsapp but she now keeps changing their mobile numbers & telling them that "they will lose out" if they tell me their numbers
She "agreed" in January that SHE would get the boys to contact me every saturday morning...But since January I have only had one call & it is has now been 3 months since I have spoken to them at all
Their passports are invalid & despite repeated requests for renewal, for which I have agreed to pay, so that the boys can visit me in the UK, she refuses to provide passport photos
She is stopping me from having any form of communication with the boys when there is no reason why she should.  I pay maintenance without fail and from a financial perspective having to pay & fly is crippling me
All i want is for a regular line of communication to be established and for them to be able to come to UK to visit me once in a while
Any suggestions as to what can be done ?
I thought about giving the boys mobiles of their own & "dont tell mom" but I dont want them deceiving anyone
(08-29-2016, 12:08 PM)Porkster123 Wrote: Hi...Just after a bit of advice
My ex-partner & I are seperated...
She lives in Spain with my 2 boys (13 & 15) & I returned to the UK
I have been back 2 years now & my ex is making contact / communication with my children almost impossible
We are all UK citizens..
For the past 2 years the only way I get to see my children is by flying back to spain, which I try to do as often as possible but it is quite often 6-7 weeks at a time that I have to go without seeing them
I have had contact with them via wotsapp but she now keeps changing their mobile numbers & telling them that "they will lose out" if they tell me their numbers
She "agreed" in January that SHE would get the boys to contact me every saturday morning...But since January I have only had one call & it is has now been 3 months since I have spoken to them at all
Their passports are invalid & despite repeated requests for renewal, for which I have agreed to pay, so that the boys can visit me in the UK, she refuses to provide passport photos
She is stopping me from having any form of communication with the boys when there is no reason why she should.  I pay maintenance without fail and from a financial perspective having to pay & fly is crippling me
All i want is for a regular line of communication to be established and for them to be able to come to UK to visit me once in a while
Any suggestions as to what can be done ?
I thought about giving the boys mobiles of their own & "dont tell mom" but I dont want them deceiving anyone

As you was setttled in Spain, and the children are currently located in Spain any action would have to be taken in Spain.

I would see if you can find a Solicitor in the UK who knows Spanish law at first, then you will have to instuct one in Spain, to bring a case.
Posts made by me are my opinion and any factual information should be checked out. If you do not have a Solicitor, often your local CAB can get you some initial advice.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Communication tone LTCDAD 13 5,588 01-11-2018, 06:17 AM
Last Post: asd1270