Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - Can anyone refer a good divorce solicitor
Hi. My soon to be Ex wife has filed for divorce (i will give the full story in another post). Can anyone refer me to a proven solicitor around Essex, Havering in the UK? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Yes. Kathryn Loadman at Pinney Talfourd in Brentwood comes highly recommended by two friends of mine. Obviously I can't disclose their names, but I'm sure she'll ask. I haven't used her myself but my friend saw her just a week ago and was very impressed. Good luck.
(08-17-2018, 12:34 PM)Fatcat1980 Wrote: Yes.  Kathryn Loadman at Pinney Talfourd in Brentwood comes highly recommended by two friends of mine.  Obviously I can't disclose their names, but I'm sure she'll ask.  I haven't used her myself but my friend saw her just a week ago and was very impressed.  Good luck.

Dang  Sad . Thats the one my ex is using.

(08-17-2018, 12:41 PM)GeeMan Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 12:34 PM)Fatcat1980 Wrote: Yes.  Kathryn Loadman at Pinney Talfourd in Brentwood comes highly recommended by two friends of mine.  Obviously I can't disclose their names, but I'm sure she'll ask.  I haven't used her myself but my friend saw her just a week ago and was very impressed.  Good luck.

Dang  Sad . Thats the one my ex is using.

Question:- Is it best to use Female or Male solicitors in divorvce cases? Just curious
Bloody hell! Sorry. I hope your ex isn't called Miles.

I haven't been through a divorce so I couldn't tell you. Good luck with whoever you choose though.
(08-17-2018, 12:58 PM)Fatcat1980 Wrote: Bloody hell! Sorry.  I hope your ex isn't called Miles.  

I haven't been through a divorce so I couldn't tell you.  Good luck with whoever you choose though.

No, she is not Miles.  Smile

Thanks.
Have not thought about it yet, but it is to plan in advance. Anyone can recommend solicitor in West London? Uxbridge area?

Future ex went for solicitor with fixed charges £1200 (family and finance) via internet.based more than 200miles away. It sounds cheap as chips.

I prefer to get solicitor whom I could have one to one discussion and not remotely.

Thanks
An update.
Have contacted solicitors via online ( same as my future ex). I wanted to do know what do they offer for 1200£. Received a call same day, and I felt a pressure to proceed with them straight away. ( Solicitor that I have visited advised to wait a letter from my wife solicitors, and then come back to them..same as from this forum).
But over the phone I was told i don't need to wait, more I wait more I will loose. I need to act now. It was very stressful conversation for me.she would even played on my feelings to the kids. But at the end I have refused, as I said I need to make my mind.
Hope my ex solicitors are just bunch of beetroots..

The company is: https://www.endeavour-law.co.uk.

Maybe they are good ( hope not, and hope they have hidden fees for my ex ), but the way they have approached and pushed me was not professional.
My instincts say that a fixed fee sucks.
These professionals are charging in excess of £100 a minute.
You need someone that you can be face to face with.
To 'hurry' through and force decisions sounds inconsiderate.
Sadly, it's a long slow anxious drawn out process.
Most solicitors take their 'cut' at the end of the process.

Perhaps try your local Citizens Advice, they will have a list of
all the recommended solicitors in your area.

You might get lucky and find a 'drop-in' or 'surgery' where
you can go speak to a solicitor for free to get a 'feel' for it all.
I live fairly close to you, and after wasting a load of money on South East/London solicitors, hired one up in Harrogate.  She was a lot more reasonably-priced and her service is better, and we got a great result after a very drawn out court battle (over 12 months). I went up there once to meet her and my barrister (who was also from up North and wiped the floor with his London opposition!), everything else was done by phone/email.    All court proceedings were local to me/ex, but it still worked out cheaper even with travelling.  I'd really recommend this route from personal experience.  Feel free to PM me if you want details. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Advice Please, Looking for a good solicitor Nottingham/Derbyshire Padington 0 407 08-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Padington