Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAFCASS - Court Ordered
One thing I found that helped me was stating at each hearing that "I was not here for a prolonged fight, but merely to gain access to my lovely daughter who I care about so much" - they seemed to appreciate that I didnt want a fight
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
CASCAFF visit today...

I was not allowed in the room due to DPA. So just my son and the officer (who looked very stern, think head teacher).

Really was not child focused at all. Didn't want to see photos or text. Didnt want to talk about the 4 years we as a family have spent with the child. Brushed off any questions about my grandson, saying it will be in the report.

She was only interested in the DV claims and kept saying "Well the JUDGE has found this incident to be true" The Judge found you to be a abusive, controlling man.
Asked my son if he would attend a DV 6 week programme (which he said he would).

My son fought his corner, kept bringing up his son, explaining the witness was his EX best friend, that the alleged DV was over 4 years ago and he has seen his son every other weekend since this Alleged DV. The officer was not very responsive and just typed into her computer.

My son said "if she had a tattoo across her chest saying "Fight for Women's rights" he wouldn't be surprised.

He is very deflated after this meeting and feels he is never going to see his son again. I asked how he rated the meeting out of 10 and he said about minus 100.
I wouldnt really worry about it - mine was totally crap and ignored everything I said - whether the Judge has found it to be true or not - there is no blame apportioned in the family court - so ignore that line
The opinions here are not that of Separated Dads, but merely a loving father who has been through the process and has come out the other side.
Thanks - really deflated today, as thought I would be able to speak to the CASCAFF person about my grandson and how much he enjoyed spending time with us as a family. She was a very stern looking lady with no facial expressions at all....

Its funny but when you read forums like "mums net" they all say how wonderful their CASCAFF visits are and how helpful their appointment officer was. On the other hand, if you read any of the DAD forums, the comments are completely the opposite. I am really losing my faith in the justice system and feel completely ashamed that DADs are treated this way, when they go to court to ask for actual HELP to see their children and are then treated like criminals and violent thugs.
I think Caffcass only have so much time to speak to your son. I think they wouldn't look at texts or photos etc or go too far into everything. Caffcass officer would of gone off notes from court and cause they don't know your son their job sometimes is to test you ask questions , probe a bit and see what reaction they get , how u speak to them , in what tone and what your thoughts are. If they hear your an alcoholic allegedly they will go into great detail and probe and push buttons.

A positive is that you have offered to do a 6 week course which is showing to them you are child focused . Wether they actually want you to do one who knows . You could offer to do SPIP course as an alternative..separated parenting programme.

I think you will see son again perhaps it may be supervised to start with and built up. You will know more when u get caffcass report back.
Nnnykit please I follow your post please keep update and ask your solicitors if applicant denies all allegations but the court found to be true. Does the DV accept without admit of guilt? Does your son had contact before court.how long he didn't have contact what was cafcas safeguarding letter before first hearing how long fact finding last? Thanks
We don’t have a solicitor. My son was seeing his son ever other weekend and adhoc during the week, when his ex needed a sitter up until October 2017.

As this is family court, I believe the allegations only needs to be presumed true as no criminal charges in family court. So it’s seems at finding of fact the judge only has two choices, true or false, and the judge in our case as found all facts to be true, without much evidence, only his ex witness who is her best friend.

Next hearing in October.
All you can do for now is wait for caffcass to do their report and you will have a better idea what will happen as they will make recommendations to the court
I would be a little concerned. If the officer was not interested in seeing anything that you have raised. More so if the officer stated "Well the JUDGE has found this incident to be true" The Judge found you to be a abusive, controlling man.

I have in boxed you
(08-28-2018, 06:37 PM)asd1270 Wrote: I would be a little concerned. If the officer was not interested in seeing anything that you have raised. More so if the officer stated "Well the JUDGE has found this incident to be true" The Judge found you to be a abusive, controlling man.

I have in boxed you

PM you back with a lot more details..  thanks for your help and really believe this would be an easy, short case, but then the DV alllegations started and we are now completely lost.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ordered to give medical records to other side's solicitors tempe_arizona 14 3,812 10-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Ordered not to see my child CY2010 5 2,417 07-17-2018, 06:01 PM
Last Post: leydan
  Cafcass Advice To Court Radar 3 1,775 03-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Radar
  Holiday Request for Cafcass/Court Radar 1 1,238 02-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: herewegoagain