Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAFCASS - Court Ordered
Hi Nannykit my fact finding is on 3rd and 4rd of October too wish me good luck and please keep update until the end of final hearing thanks
Nannykit, I think invisibleintellectual is right, you have to have your own game plan with the court. A bit rides on CAFCASS, but far too much for you not to aim towards having your own case set up and explained to the judge. You need to wait for the S7 and then you need to plan what you want and how to respond and draft that in a note which goes to the judge at the next hearing. Include some of the blackmail evidence.

Remember this, not a matter of what is said in court (and even if its upheld) the overwhelming majority of dads get to see their kids even if DV, drinking or drug use has been a past problem.
Thanks Guys.

The frustrating part for me, is that it is my young son in court, not me... as I am sure i would have been able to present the case a lot better.  He is very quiet and shrugs his shoulders and just seems to take it on the chin,  he needs more fight in him, but not too much..... its a balance i think you learn with age.

I wish I could have my day in court, there is so much i want to say.... his EX knows that i would prove she is lying, she has stated on her statement that she believes its is ME fighting for the contact not my son, that i have pushed my son into this... which is completely rubbish, as I wanted to apply for contact myself and my son didn't want me too, as he said "I am a dad and this is my time to show my son that I went to court for him, and fought my hardest to see him" 

I hope in the future that Grandparents have more rights and the courts see the bigger picture.  Its like a living grief for me and I miss him every single minute of every day.

I am sure if we had legal representation, they would fight his corner and cut through a lot of the "Bull****" but we just don't have the funds.

Again - Thank you and I will keep you all updated.

Good Luck to Everyone in Court over the next few weeks.
Keep us update of final hearing
(09-01-2018, 12:57 AM)samim1919 Wrote: Keep us update of final hearing

I think that will be a long way off..  next hearing is another Dispute Resolution hearing to discuss the Section 7.
Section 7 due today. Nothing so far... I keep checking Egress. Should I contact the court to ask if they have received.
No need. Ring CAFCASS and ask then to email a copy. I've done that.
Section 7 report back today. They have recommended "INDIRECT CONTACT ONLY". I am gutted...
That is what they have recommended, but thr judge is not bound to take that advice. I have been in the situation where the judge has refused to takee that advice twice. It's important to know why they say that and how long they think contact should be indirect for. Your grandchild is 5, surely they are not recommending indirect contact only on a permanent basis.

You need a game plan and they game plan should be that if they have said their recommendation is based on the child's wishes and feelings, then there is a difference between the child's expressed wishes and feelings and the child's ascertainable wishes and feelings. There's a difference and it's important to be able to distinguish between the two. Unless there has been such damage caused to the child by the relationship to their father, then CAFCASS needs to work out how to he the father back into the child's life. The CAFCASS answer to that is a Contact Centre Intervention, a short programme to build contact between parent and child where is has broken down or proved difficult.

Your game plan must be that it is in the best interests of the child that they have a relationship with their father and that their is a build up to unsupervised overnight contact. If as you say your son is not good at speaking up in court and he can't afford a solicitor, then he needs to be very goo d on paper. At each hearing he can lodge a Note with the judge and with the other side making his case. He needs to do one other thing too. He needs to reke the online course called the Nurturing Programme. Yiu can find out about it here.

https://www.netmums.com/support/netmums-...ing-course

It's free and the one the the court would order. He needs to take it quickly and quietly and use completion of the course to support the idea made to thr Court that he is learning how to be a better dad.

Info about CAFCASS's Contact Centre Intervention here:

https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/grown-ups/par...rventions/
(09-10-2018, 02:52 PM)Chi21965 Wrote: That is what they have recommended, but thr judge is not bound to take that advice. I have been in the situation where the judge has refused to takee that advice twice. It's important to know why they say that and how long they think contact should be indirect for. Your grandchild is 5, surely they are not recommending indirect contact only on a permanent basis.

You need a game plan and they game plan should be that if they have said their recommendation is based on the child's wishes and feelings, then there is a difference between the child's expressed wishes and feelings and the child's ascertainable wishes and feelings. There's a difference and it's important to be able to distinguish between the two. Unless there has been such damage caused to the child by the relationship to their father, then CAFCASS needs to work out how to he the father back into the child's life. The CAFCASS answer to that is a Contact Centre Intervention, a short programme to build contact between parent and child where is has broken down or proved difficult.

Your game plan must be that it is in the best interests of the child that they have a relationship with their father and that their is a build up to unsupervised overnight contact. If as you say your son is not good at speaking up in court and he can't afford a solicitor, then he needs to be very goo d on paper. At each hearing he can lodge a Note with the judge and with the other side making his case. He needs to do one other thing too. He needs to reke the online course called the Nurturing Programme. Yiu can find out about it here.

https://www.netmums.com/support/netmums-...ing-course

It's free and the one the the court would order. He needs to take it quickly and quietly and use completion of the course to support the idea made to thr Court that he is learning how to be a better dad.

Info about CAFCASS's Contact Centre Intervention here:

https://www.cafcass.gov.uk/grown-ups/par...rventions/
Recommendations from CAFCASS are :

there is no form of direct contact between *** and ***
That ** maintains contact via letters and cards.

The reasons :

The believe that the Mother and Child are at risk for physical and emotional abuse if contact with the child.

Regarding contact centre is says:
This would certainly ensure that the child was physically safe, but it is not viable long term solution and unless there is a clear exit plan it would nt be in the the childs best interests to start contact that would then potentially have to stop.

I have to conclude that direct contact with (my son) has the potential to place the child at significant risk of physical and emotional abuse.

I have now replied to CAFCASS with all the text messages and images from his EX.  One that is a text saying "Tell your son that his son is a c**T.   and said I hope you read this email and see the evidence that you have maybe misjudged the sitution.  (i sent from my son with his permission).  I have gone over the points in their report, replying to the allegations from his EX, (which she has now added too, since court).   So maybe they will reply.. . if not I will send to the court, at least they might see the evidence that she is the abusive one, not my son.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ordered to give medical records to other side's solicitors tempe_arizona 14 3,759 10-05-2018, 11:36 AM
Last Post: warwickshire1
  Ordered not to see my child CY2010 5 2,396 07-17-2018, 06:01 PM
Last Post: leydan
  Cafcass Advice To Court Radar 3 1,768 03-10-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Radar
  Holiday Request for Cafcass/Court Radar 1 1,232 02-19-2018, 04:50 PM
Last Post: herewegoagain